Friday, September 14, 2007

Living With Children

Yes that's right...Children. I have three. It is only 9:45am and I have already had a pretty busy day. It started at about 2 in the morning with my oldest child. I was pretty sound asleep when I woke up to Doug yelling (at least it seemed really loud to me) "Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh Yeah!" Worried that maybe he forgot something, and now fully awake I said,
"What?"
"We got those things for you to hang on the wall downstairs."
"What things?"
"You know to put on the wall"
"What do we do with them, Why do we need them?"
Frustration: "I will explain in the morning."

Turns out he was asleep and there is really nothing to put on the wall.

My second child acts much like a jealous older sibling would. I constantly follow her around all day saying "Loa No!" I think these will be James's first words. Loa No! could mean many things:
Leave James's toys alone.
James does not want you to sit on him.
Pencils/pens are not for chewing.
The toilet is not your water bowl.
and my favorite: Just because James has spit up and is opening his mouth (wide) does not mean you can clean it up!

Loa probably keeps me the most busy, I have had to baby proof my house not for James but for her.

My third child is probably my easiest. He is content to entertain himself. The most I have to worry about him is putting him back in the middle of the floor after he has rolled himself into a wall or the fireplace (which is never used). James likes to content himself with sucking. He will suck on whatever is nearby (including Loa). He usually sticks to his fingers or a toy he can reach. Recently he started trying to suck on his tongue which creates the cutest face, I can't help but laugh. Today however he found his arm. I walked in the room and he had his arm in his mouth for I don't know how long, and he was not interested in anything else. When he finally let go of his arm I noticed he had given himself a hickey! Now there is something I thought we wouldn't have to deal with for a long time!

Well my children keep me pretty busy and I enjoy each of them.

2 comments:

Chad Keyser said...

nice post Natalie, it sounds like you are having lots of fun with your kids.

Unknown said...

Hey guys, James is awesome. He has a little bit of both of you in his appearance I think (very handsome!). The reason I'm posting is to point out that many of Doug's top ten movies would be in my list of top ten; shawshank, fight club, dumb and dumber... I guess while I'm posting I would point out that I heard through the grapevine that Doug likes halo. We are planning a halo 3 party at Nate Jensen's parents house(Lehi area) soon and need more players as there will be at least two consoles(hopefully three)linked together with large screens for some halo action. Doug, if you are any good at all you will annihilate most of us there, so if you like going on running riots you should go. I'll call you guys to invite Doug personally before we have it(around the beginning of October).