Thursday, October 18, 2007

Home Again

Well we made it home! After two weeks in the warm weather of Florida we came back to the cold rain in Utah. I am glad to be home but I wish that it was warmer. The last few days of our trip were busy. We went to church on Sunday and James screamed the whole time. I had several people offer to help me and had to have others run to get me paper towels after numerous spit-ups and a kicked over bottle. James is really busy now and is a lot of work to keep up with him. On Monday Dad and Jordyn skipped work and school to spend time with us. It is really the first time we had gotten to do stuff with them. In the morning we went to some gift shops to find some things for our husbands (I didn't find anything). In the afternoon we went to Singer Island to play on the beach. On the way we stopped for lunch. James hates to be left out of anything so we took turns holding him. He has been really interested in food and cups lately and kept trying to drink from Granddad's cup. So this video is James drinking from Granddad's cup.




The beach was fun but the water was hard to play in. The waves were so strong we could feel them pushing us as we tried to walk out into the ocean so I was so tired after a short time. James had fun putting his feet in the water and he didn't even cry after a big wave came and washed over him and Grammy.


The flight home was long but we were lucky enough to get an empty seat next to us on every flight. I say that we were lucky but really it was because James was screaming. The flight attendant tried to have one lady sit but us but she refused saying "I am not sitting next to a screaming infant." That was fine with us. James was so busy the whole flight it made things difficult. He loves to drink out of cups now, which you have seen on the video, and so when he saw my drink on the tray table he grabbed it, spilling soda all over. Luckily it didn't get on the woman's computer which she had on the same tray table. Needless to say I am so glad to be home. Doug is happy to have us home also and even though he didn't get the laundry room done he did switch the mattress so that I would be able to sleep better. That was a very nice thing for him to do since I didn't even ask him.


James and I have been hanging out at home and trying to get back on our regular schedule. James is growing up so fast and has been so much fun. He loves to take baths in the big bathtub and spending time with his Dad. Loa is happy to have us home too. She was so excited to see James and hasn't really left him alone. James also has been sitting up very well. This video is James sitting up all by himself. He loves to be able to sit up and play on the floor but he still tips over and gets knocked over by Loa.




Well it would be nice to be home for a while but we are headed to park city this weekend for a training. It should be fun and Doug will finally get to swim in the pool with James.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Myra thought this video was hilarious. When she saw me watching it, she said, "That's cousin James." She climbed in my lap to watch and just started laughing uncontrollably. She loves her cousin James.