Now that James can crawl he is into everything. I don't really mind because I love to watch him learning. His biggest goal right now is to try and get under the coffee table. He tries and tries but cannot understand why he keeps hitting his head. It is hard to let him just figure things out for himself and not just do everything for him. Yesterday he made a few great discoveries. First he found the dog food. Loa was eating breakfast and James crawled in there and started playing with her food. She got pretty annoyed and left. And being the great mother that I am I ran to grab the camera so we could get a picture of James playing in the dog food.

Later we went upstairs to clean the kitchen and when I turned around there was James playing in the dogs water bowl. He loves water so he was having a blast splashing in her water. When he tried to leave his hands were all wet and it made it pretty hard to crawl so he just kept going back to play. I think the best part was when he got it tipped over and could really splash in it.
Later the same day James' friend Jake came over to play. Jake isn't crawling yet so he was just laying on the floor and James was crawling around. We were making sugar cookies and looked over and James had crawled on top of Jake. He was playing with his pacifier. Jake didn't seem to care at all they were both very content to play together. It was really fun to see James interact with another baby.

We have discovered that James loves to crawl over or through things not around even if the easier path is around. I always catch him crawling through his high chair legs or under the desk. Last night he decided to crawl through the TV tray stand, which was pretty much impossible but he was determined to do it anyway. He always crawls over shoes or anything on the floor. Also last night he was crawling to his dad and when he got there he stopped and started crying. I suggested that maybe James was trying to crawl through his legs. So Doug make a tunnel with his legs and sure enough James got back up and crawled through the tunnel.
We also discovered a food that James will react to. He has pretty much tried all the fruits and Veggies with no sign of liking or disliking them. Everything we fed him pretty much got the same reaction. So I decided that it would be much cheaper to buy bananas and mash them up myself instead of buying the jar. Well after a few bites I could tell he didn't like it too much but he was still eating it. After a few minutes he started making the funniest face and spiting it out. A little longer and he refused to eat it at all. At least we know that he can react to food.
No comments:
Post a Comment