Monday, September 1, 2008

Cute or a Bad Addiction?

I think our little monster is finally calming down, a little. He is, believe it or not, actually sitting still for minutes at a time! He loves to be read to and will bring us books to read to him, and no matter what book he brings originally he always winds up looking for Brown Bear. Today while Doug was reading to him, which is rare because it is always mom he wants, he slipped off his lap and came over to get me. He then dragged me over to the couch, dropped my hand, grabbed dads hand and pulled him off the couch. Then he got me and tried to pull me onto the couch to read to him. I think dad was a little hurt.

This brings us to the big question. Today while I was sorting some laundry James went and got his Dad. He pulled him downstairs (he is really good at this nonverbal communication) and over to the TV. Then he got the Wii remotes and put Doug in my chair and tried to get on Doug's chair. The message was loud and clear to Doug, "I want to play Mario Kart". So James has been "playing" Wii with Dad for the last 15 minutes. So is this cute or are we going to have to worry about video game addictions? Right now we are just so happy to see him sit still for any amount of time!

1 comment:

Chad Keyser said...

that is funny, I don't think you have to worry though. James has so much energy, you will probably have to limit the number of extracurricular activities he wants to participate in.