Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

This is the first year we have done anything for Halloween. We felt it would be a little silly going Trick or Treating with a kid who couldn't even eat candy, and we have never been in a ward that has done anything, so we just skipped it. This year we thought James would have a fun time doing things, carving pumpkins, dressing up and going Trick or Treating. We even practiced last week so that we would know what to do. Also so maybe he would be more OK with wearing his costume. It seemed to work as all week he kept saying "Trick or treat."
Friday night we decided to carve pumpkins. This was as involved as James got. He really didn't care to participate at all.
Here is our family of pumpkins. I felt really bad for Doug because he spent so long on his pumpkin and I really couldn't even tell what it was.
Then we turned the lights off and it looked pretty cool.
He was a little disappointed because it didn't look as good on Saturday once it got a little dried out. Next year I guess we will wait until the day of to carve them. James kept saying, "Wow, look at that." when he saw the pumpkins.
James was a cowboy for Halloween. He had an awesome hat, and really cool boots. He was going to be Woody, but we couldn't find a yellow shirt, so he was just a regular cowboy.
He was pretty excited to go Trick or Treating. He kept trying to go in the houses. And he would say Trick or Treat all the way up to the door, but as soon as we got there he clammed up.

I got these two pictures then my camera batteries died. But we had a lot of fun and James really liked trick or treating.

6 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Nathan did the same thing when he was 2-tried to go into every house! Love Doug's pumpkin!

Shannon said...

What a cute little cowboy! Doug's pumpkin does look cool, but I'm not sure who it's suppose to be. Let us know. :-)

Natalie Allen said...

It is supposed to be the Godfather.

Jackie said...

Great pumpkins!! And James makes a really cute cowboy. Halloween will get more and more fun as they get a litte older.

Judi said...

nice pumpkins... did Doug make his own design or use a template? Blake is so impressed with the shading technique.
James is a great cowboy. Next year I think we should have a family reunion about Halloween time and have everyone come to Florida to trick or treat.

Shannon said...

That's what I thought, just because I know how much Doug likes the Godfather.