Potty training James has been a non-existent activity in our home. I have no expectations of him being potty trained before he is 3 and I am hoping that he will be by the time he is 4. James has absolutely zero interest in using the potty, and Doug and I have often said that Michael will be potty trained before James. I actually think he is afraid of it. One time he pooped in the shower, and he was afraid to take a shower for a long time because of the "brown yuckies". So for Christmas we bought him a "big boy potty" hoping to spark a little interest. No such luck. Mostly he likes to use it for a hat.
So today I decided that I was going to get him to go on the potty. I know once he understands what the potty is for he might actually like it. So I stripped him down (no protest there, he loves to be naked) and put him on the toilet. He got right off. I wasn't going to give up. I decided that if I was just careful in watching him I could catch him in the act and put him on the toilet. So I followed him around all morning, nothing. Finally Michael woke up from his nap and I went to get him. While I was changing his diaper I thought maybe I could make James jealous by putting Michael on the potty. So I did. He loved it!
But James didn't even care that Michael was sitting on it, in fact I don't even think he noticed. So I took Michael off, the seat stuck to his bum. When I grabbed it, it was all wet. Sure enough when I looked in the potty there was pee! So I guess we were right that Michael will be potty trained before James!
2 comments:
That is hilarious!! Michael looks soooo cute sitting on the potty, but won't he be scarred for life??
Yes, he probably will be. Doug did not approve of the pictures.
Post a Comment