Doug will be posting about his eye surgery later, probably when he can see well enough to type. Until then I thought I would post about what I've been working on, my goal for the year. First of all I have to say I love fresh eggs. My neighbors have chickens and they give us fresh eggs, and in my opinion they taste so much better!

Now what we've been working on this year is our food storage. Saturday we went to the Army Surplus store and got a few things for our 72-hour kits. Doug also bought me this hat (he says it's my Valentines gift) but James decided that it is his hat.

The biggest problem we have found with our 3-month supply is remembering to replace what we have used since this is stuff we use often. So I found this idea on another blog and decided to give it a try. I closed and cut envelopes in half, then wrote the item on them and taped them to the wall. Then when you use something you put a strip of paper in the envelope. When you go to the store you can see what you have used and put it on your shopping list. So I taped these up on the wall behind the door and hopefully we will remember to use it and keep our pantry stocked.

2 comments:
Just remember to put your flour and sugar in airtight buckets or else you'll get bugs. That happened to us. It stinks to lose all that food. Home depot has those big orange buckets that are really cheap. But because of the dye, you've got to line it with a plastic sack so it's safe to eat. Walmart also sells some and they are made just for food.
We should get the boys together again soon. Well, it might be a little while, because I'm being induced Sunday. But after the baby is a little bigger we should. We'll be heading up to Rexburg probably twice a week starting sometime in April. We are going to put Daniel in preschool there to give him something to do. We'd love to get together sometime!
Wow, good for you!
Post a Comment