James turned 3 on Friday! We were so excited for his birthday because he LOVES birthdays. So first thing in the morning he woke up and saw his birthday sign. He loved it because it had a stop sign on it, which he loves.
He got to open a present before Dad went to work, then we had to take Dad to work so we could stop and get batteries for it.
That morning I finished James' cake. I have to say I am really proud of how well it turned out. James really loves Mickey Mouse so it was a big hit. When he saw it he said "It's Mickey Mouse cake. Where's Minnie." A few minutes after I took the picture I found James putting candles in the cake. Luckily he missed Mickey and just messed up the white frosting.
He got to have his favorite dinner, Brinner (breakfast for dinner). And while we were all still eating he went out and started opening a present. So we brought it in the kitchen and he finished opening it. It was a "boom mike" (scooter) from Grammy and Grandad. He was really excited about it.
After dinner we went and opened the rest of his presents. We got him a bike and he was so excited to open it.After that he was done opening presents and the rest of the opening of presents was sort of like pulling teeth. So we basically opened them for him and he got to look at them at his own time.

My battery died just before he said his signature "Happy Birthday" so I was sad that I missed that. But he loved having the cake.
Once things slowed down and he had time to explore everything a little more he loved all his presents he got for his birthday. We love this little 3-year-old. He adds so much happiness to our lives.

1 comment:
Fun! Amazing cake. Good work!
Post a Comment