Thursday, July 29, 2010

3 Weeks in Colorado

We have been pretty busy these past few weeks and I haven't gotten around to blogging.  Doug's parents and brother Scott came to visit last week for Tim's graduation.  We had some fun with them, golfing, playing at the park, grilling, roasting marshmallows at the sand dunes, and just hanging out.  Then when they left on Sunday morning the boys and I went with them.  So we are spending two weeks in Colorado with Doug's family then 1 week with mine.  So it should be fun.
Mikey loves his blanket


Before we left we set up James "ladder bed".  He loves it.  We thought it would be a problem with him wanting to sleep on top, but he doesn't.  He plays on top but sleeps on bottom, and he seems to sleep better.
James' ladder bed

I finally found Mikey a hat, just in time for the trip, he actually keeps it on!  Here he is getting ready to go.

Getting Ready for Colorado
We drove all day on Sunday and got there at 7:30ish that night.  James was amazing in the car as usual.  Mikey was another story.  Every time he finally fell asleep it would be time to stop, so he kept getting woken up.  But once we got here the boys were all business.  They found the toys and started playing.  Monday night we went swimming at Great Granny's pool.  James loved it and Mikey hated it, just like I thought they would!  The next day I decided I needed to get James a pool toy since we would be swimming so much (there are at least 3 pools we could choose from on any given day) So I bought this little blow up boat for $4 at Walmart.  He loves it!  He just liked to sit in it on the floor.  
James' pool boat

That afternoon I took him to the pool, just me and him.  We had so much fun.  He talked so much and kept getting out and getting a noodle, or climbing down the ladder, or jumping into my arms.  It was a lot of fun to have some one-on-one time with James.  I get it a lot with Mikey, but not as much with James.  
Some things that Mikey enjoys: the dog and the rocks.  Everyone has rocks in their yard and Grandma and Grandpa's yard is no exception.  He loves to just go sit in the rocks and throw them.  When we took them over to the school to play yesterday he crawled/walked right over to the rock (they are big for decoration) and started trying to pick them up.  He also loves Max the dog (black lab).  He gets so excited when he is in the backyard and says "goggie" all the time.  

Playing in the Rocks

Last night I was putting James to bed and read him a story.  When I was done I gave him the book.  He got up and laid on his stomach with the book out in front of him and started flipping through it.  It was so cute I just had to leave the light on for a few minutes so he could read for a while.  
Reading a story
Today Uncle Scott and I took both of the boys to the pool again.  Mikey doesn't like to swim but I thought maybe if I just let him get used to the idea on his own he would start liking it.  Scott took James in the big pool and I headed over to the baby pool with Mikey.  At first he only wanted to put his feet in (on the step) then he started kicking, then he sat down on the step, then he actually got in the pool!  He really liked it, especially when Scott and James came over and he got to ride in the boat with James and Uncle Scott pulled him around the pool.  I will have to bring my camera next time. 

No comments: