Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

We have been so busy the last month that I haven't had much time to blog...or even take pictures.  We are finally moved and mostly settled.  The garage is still full of boxes that I am sure will take months to sort out but at least our house is put together and somewhat organized.  So now I have some time to blog a little.  
Christmas was so much fun this year.  After the 13+ hour drive from Idaho to Denver (I drove 13 hours in the car with the boys and Doug and his brother drove 14+ hours in the moving truck).  After a days rest in Denver Doug and I drove 8 hours to Clovis NM and spent the next day driving around looking for a house, which we finally found and signed a few hours after Doug's Dad and brother got here with the moving truck.  The next morning we unloaded the truck, piled in our car and drove 8 hours back to Denver.  I was so ready to have a break and finally start thinking about Christmas.  
I have to say Doug and I were much more excited for Christmas morning than either of the boys.  They didn't really get it.  But we were not disappointed.  If you listen carefully you can hear James exclaim in excitement "Yes! It's Jump!"  


We were pretty positive that this is the only thing James would want to do all day.  We thought we would have a huge tantrum if we tried to turn it off to open other presents or to go to Great Granny's for breakfast.  But he was surprisingly interested in opening all of his presents which made it so much more fun.

After every present he opened James would bring it to us to take it out of the package, then play with it for a few minutes then move on to the next one.  It took him a long time to get through all his presents.  

 Mikey also loved opening presents.  This was his "baby" that we were so sure he would just love since overtime we go near a doll in the store he gets so excited and says "baby, baby".


 This was by far James' favorite present.  It was actually to him and Mikey from Uncle Tim but James isn't really the sharing type.  He wore it all day long!  The cutest part was when he went in this big box that he could stand up inside and waited for us to say "introducing the high ridenest rootin-tootinest cowboy around, Sheriff Woody" then he would come out doing a little swagger.

 After presents (and a nap for super-grumpy Mikey) we went to Great Granny's and Grandpa's for breakfast.  This is James actually eating.
 James loved playing in all the boxes.
 Monday after Christmas we went to Wild lights at the Denver zoo.  It was super packed.  Mikey LOVED looking at the elephants and other animals that were inside.  James just wanted to hold my hand and keep walking.  His favorite was the hippo tunnel.  I didn't get many pictures because James would not let go of my hand.  But he did get to ride the train something they were both super excited about.

Overall we had an awesome Christmas and New Years.  But now we are trying to get settled and ready for our next trip to visit my parents in Florida. 

No comments: