So I am pretty proud of myself, and thought I would share. We have decided to make our own baby food for Michael. I tried it once for James, but decided it was just too much work. But in an attempt to save money we decided it would be worth the work this time. Plus it supposedly tastes more like the real food so they are more likely to eat the food when they are older, I guess we will see on that one. One thing I did notice with James was that he loved the bananas in a jar, but would not eat a real banana. So awhile ago I made a bunch of baby food and put it in the freezer. The problem I noticed right away was that my freezer containers were much larger than would be practical. I would have to get 1 out at a time and that meant he would be eating the same food the entire week.
So the other day while I was searching for baby food recipes I came across this site that kept talking about "food cubes" and I thought what in the world is a "food cube?" A little digging around revealed this wonderful idea: Freeze the baby food in ice cube trays. Each cube turns out to be about 1 oz. So you freeze the food in cubes then transfer them to Ziplock bags once they are frozen. Genius!

So of course I ran right out and got some ice cube trays and spent the past couple of days making food cubes. It worked perfectly! I made chicken, carrots, yogurt, green beans, peas and sweet potatoes. Now I just have to pull out a couple of cubes and he has a complete meal!
Now for your viewing pleasure. James loves my new MacBook (as do I). The great thing he loves is he WebCam. He loves talking to Grammy and Grandad (who also have a Mac) and seeing their "funny faces". Yesterday Grammy was busy so he had to be content with James (photo booth). He is hilarious. This is "two James"
This is tunnel:

1 comment:
That movie is so fun! We should get our boys on to talk to each other sometime. I bet my boys would LOVE that!
Post a Comment