We have had a very busy November. So much has happened that I just kept getting further and further behind on the blog and then it was just too overwhelming to catch up. So now I am going to try to catch up. If you don't want to read the whole thing just read the red section headings and you will get an idea of how busy we have been!
Snow
At the beginning of November we had our first snow storm. James was really excited about the snow and after his nap he looked out the window and said, "Let's get some boots!" Meaning "I want to go outside." So I bundled him up and let him play in the snow. He loved it.
| James playing in the snow. |
TS3 Party
Toward the middle of the month we finally got our copy of Toy Story 3 (our mail is slow). So we had a Toy Story 3 party and watched the movie. The boys loved it! It is by far their favorite movie right now. Mikey asks to watch it every day, and most of the time several times a day. James has started acting different parts of it out.
| Watching Toy Story 3 |
Mikey turned 18 months on the 18th! He has been to nursery twice and has done better than we expected. He does fine until the last 10 minutes or so then Dad usually goes in to help him calm down a little. He also loves to follow his brother around. James gets a stool in the kitchen or drags a chair over to the counter and Mikey follows him. One time James climbed up on the counter to get the rest of a cake and took it over to the table. I heard him say "You alright Mikey" so I went to see what was happening and they were both sitting on the kitchen table eating chocolate cake. He talks a ton also. My favorite thing that he says is "Oh no! What happened?"
He also had his 18 month check up. Everything was pretty routine until we started looking at his charts. He showed me his weight chart and he had gained weight, that was pretty exciting. His height had jumped up a little too. Then when he showed me his head chart (which I usually ignore because really who cares how big his head is?) I was a little shocked. His head had jumped way up! I thought it had to be a mistake. So did the doctor. So he remeasured. It was a little wrong and brought it down a little but there was still a big jump. So he started explaining what that could mean. Either a few measurements in the past were wrong (no way to check that) or his head was growing at an unnatural rate which could mean there was a blockage and the fluid wasn't draining from his head properly. So he started saying that we needed to come in every month to have it measured. I told him it wasn't possible since we would be moving to New Mexico (more on that later). So he said to be safe we should get a CT scan to check it out. He had the CT scan. Luckily Doug came with us because there is no way I could have held him down like he did. We should know more next week.
| Following Big Brother |
SLC/30th B-Day
On the same day as Mikey's appointment Doug found out that he needed to go to SLC the next day for a training for his new job (more on that to come). So when we got home I put the boys down for their nap and packed like crazy! Thursday we had our friends come over to play and Friday we went to their house. Mikey loves baby's and was so happy when Kaylene brought one for him to play with.
| Mikey feeding the baby |
![]() |
| James' game "up balloon" |
| Playing trains |
We headed home the next day and had cake and ice cream that night for his birthday and he opened the rest of his presents.
| Birthday Cake |
Sunday night the blizzard started. School was canceled for the week. These two seagulls got stuck in our yard. I think one had a hurt foot. They kept trying to fly away but the wind was just too strong. There was so much snow!
| Seagull stuck in the yard |
| Blanket fort |
| James pushing a "Snow blower" |
We had a fun Thanksgiving. Mikey got sick and didn't want to eat anything. James was himself and didn't want to eat anything. Everyone else made up for it!
James had a new "thing" he likes to dress himself and he is very opinionated about what he wears. Not a big deal except that lately everything he wants to wear is Mikey's!
![]() |
| James wearing Mikey's shirt |
Doug also found out this month that they have a new job for him. It is on the air force base in Clovis New Mexico. We are excited to get away from the snow for the winter but a little nervous about moving to a new place. There is a school there for James called "Los Ninos" for kids with special needs. I called and they said they will definitely take him so that is good. Doug's new position is "Quality Control" Some good things are that he has a job, he will probably be working 4 10 hour days, and he gets a company vehicle. Some things that worry us are in the training he went to they said no work could be done unless the quality control person was on site! It is also a lot of paper work. So I guess we will see what happens in the next little while. We are moving the week before Christmas so I guess the plan is to move halfway (to Doug's parents in CO) Then the boys and I will finally see our new home sometime after the new year.


1 comment:
wanted to wish you all a merry christmas a say congrats on the news we are very excited. We miss you guys and hope that in some way our airforce deal lines up with your airforce deal. We are excited for James going to Los Ninos (meaning the kids :-) every time I hear that name I think of Chris Farley SNL. Happy New years hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment