Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Birthday and Other Fun

It's been awhile since I posted.  This pregnancy is wiping me out!  Today I decided I hated feeling so tired all the time so I had a Dr. Pepper and now I have plenty of energy. 
3 weeks ago was my birthday and it was so much fun!  Doug came home from work early and we had a delicious dinner.  Then the boys gave me my present, stuff for a garden!  I was pretty excited about this.  I have wanted to have a garden for years, but never did it because I am the only one who would eat the stuff.  They also got me some flowers for the front.  James loves taking care of my flowers.  It is his favorite thing now.  

Then we had cake, and the boys sang happy birthday.  We couldn't even get all the candles lit because they kept blowing them out while we were lighting them.  Also they did such a great job singing happy birthday.  It was maybe my favorite birthday ever.


Doug also brought home this floor from work for our "dining room".  Finally we are not eating on carpet.  Now if we could only get the carpet out of the kitchen and bathrooms!


Last weekend Doug had a meeting in Utah and since my parents were going to be in Utah and Mikey can fly for free I decided to send him to Utah to spend some time with his Grandparents.  I have to say it was mostly selfish.  I loved the thought of having some time with just James and some alone time while James was at school.  I have to say it was everything I dreamed of!  3 hours a day to myself, not having to be stuck at home.  On Saturday James and I made cupcake pops.  He helped me with the whole thing and they turned out pretty cute. 


No comments: