Thursday, September 22, 2011

Little Mikey

I have been wanting to do a post about Mikey for awhile since there are so many things he is doing right now that I just don't want to forget about.  He finally had his 2-year-old checkup this week so I figured it would be the perfect time.  Here are his stats:
Height: 
35 inches--50th percentile
Weight:
24lbs--7th percentile
He is still my tiny little Mikey.  But if you call him that he will tell you "No, I not tiny."  Here are some things about Mikey:
  • He NEVER stops talking.  Sometimes I get a little frustrated because he asks for something and keeps asking over and over and over again while I am trying to do it.  Also he doesn't know how to talk quietly so he is always super loud at church.  
  • He LOVES James and wants to do everything that James is doing.  This often causes a lot of fights because if James is on the rocking chair Mikey wants to be on the rocking chair, if James is playing trains then Mikey wants to play trains.  At the same time he always tries to share with James.  If I give him a cracker he wants two so he can give one to James.  
  • He LOVES animals.  We have a ton of stray cats around and he always tries to play with them.  There is one that is really nice and always tries to come inside.  Mikey loves this kitty and lucky for him it is really nice and doesn't even try to scratch him when he is dragging it around, or carrying it outside.  And of course the whole time he is talking to the cat and telling it what to do.  I love this little voice. 

  • He is a really great napper.  He sleeps for several hours, sometimes 4 if I let him.  But he is definitely learning the art of stalling.  He always asks for tons of stuff to take to bed with him.  One day I told him he had 5 minutes until nap and he went around the house finding stuff to take to bed with him.  He ended up with quite the collection.  He always has to take his 2 blankets, donkey, sheep, and 2 turtles.  One time Doug was putting him to bed and he kept asking for stuff and realized Doug had already gotten everything and just said "I need more." 

  • He loves the ABC's.  He always sings the song and the other day I heard him say "It's an M"  and I looked over and saw him with a marker coloring on the kitchen cabinets.  I looked and sure enough he had written an M.  I though it was maybe just a fluke, but he then did it two more times.  Once on another cabinet before I could stop him and again on a piece of paper.  



  • His favorite color is yellow
  • He still eats like a champ.  He loves fruits and vegetables and pretty much anything I put in front of him.  His favorite food is peaches.  But he asks for a banana every night before bed (I think it is part of his stalling technique)
  • His favorite game is "tackle Dad" 
  • He is super social.  He wakes up about 6:30 every morning so Doug puts on a cartoon before he goes to work so I can sleep a little longer.  Usually as soon as Doug walks out the door Mikey is climbing in bed with me to watch YouTube on the iPad.  He just doesn't like to be alone.
  • His favorite cartoon is "birds" (Backyardigans)
  • His favorite book is Go Away Big Green Monster, but only when Dad reads it
  • His favorite toy is "jump" which is the bounce house the boys got for Christmas last year
Overall he is a super cute, fun two-year-old.  We are so glad that he is in our family and definitely brings a whole new aspect to our family, since the rest of us are so quite.

No comments: