Saturday, July 21, 2012

Billy-Willy who is so Silly

Last week Billy turned 1-years-old!  I cannot believe it has already been a whole year.  Sometimes time just flies by.  
Billy's 1-year-old stats:
weight: 19 lbs 15 oz
height: 30 inches
For Billy's birthday I was a really great Mom.  I made him this shirt:
Really hard to get a good picture

It is supposed to look like an Uno card.
It was the first time I used my Silhouette on
fabric and I have to say I am hooked!
And I made him this cake:
The boys insisted he wanted a bumble bee cake.  I have no idea
where that came from, but that is what Billy wanted...
according to Mikey and James.
And pretty much that is all we did for his birthday.  No poster, no balloons, not even any presents!  Can you believe that.  Well in our defense we bought him a ball the day before. But he was with us and was playing with it in the car so we just gave it to him.  We also got him a tunnel, but it was in the mail.
That morning we asked the boys if they wanted to go to the pool or the lake.  It was unanimous, "the Lake" James and Mikey both yelled.  Of course, James wanted to go to the lake he wanted to use his row boat.  So we drove to Ute Reservoir, and the boys loved it.  James immediately took his rowboat out with Dad and jumped out so he could water ski.  Funny boy.  Billy kept crawling in and crawling out.  He loved it.  We had a picnic lunch then packed up and headed home.
Dad and Billy in the row boat

Billy wanted to help paddle
Once we got home we had dinner, lasagna, which Billy loved.  Than cake.  And once again we had a kid who wouldn't even touch the cake.  At least he didn't cry like his brothers did, but he would not touch it.  He was so mad about the whole thing.
Billy eating his cake.  Not a happy camper.
Some things about Billy:
  • He LOVES his brothers, he tries to do everything they are doing, and it makes them mad!
  • He loves to eat, he eats everything, and is starting to do pretty well with a sippy cup instead of a bottle. 
  • When he is outside he does a "spiderman" crawl, using his hands and feet and not letting his knees touch the ground.
  • He loves the water
  • He gets very vocal when you have food and he wants it.
  • He loves to climb, I have found him on top of tables, chairs, beds, and our toy shelf
  • He loves to point and give kisses.
  • He says Mom and Dad
  • He is getting more teeth, not sure how many because it looks like his entire mouth is swollen
  • He walks!  But he is not a walker.  He still mainly crawls to get around, but wants to walk so badly and often just randomly stands up and takes a few steps.
Here is a picture of Billy taking a few steps, he is getting better every day, but still pretty unsteady.


No comments: