Easter weekend was a big one for us. My birthday was on Friday and Saturday and Sunday we celebrated Easter. I have to say my family SPOILED me for my birthday. But you do only turn 30 once right! On Thursday night when I got home from a Relief Society activity Doug got the two older boys out of bed (they were nowhere close to asleep) to go to the store to (as Michael put it) "buy Mom a present. Mom likes candy!" So that is what I was expecting from my guys. On Friday morning I woke up to Michael climbing in bed with us. Doug asked him what the day was and he excitedly said "Easter!" when Doug asked what else it was he said "Mom's birthday!" I was impressed he remembered. Once James and Billy joined us they decided to give me the presents they picked out, and wrapped for me.
I opened James' first, it was a little package of orange beads. Then Michael give me his. He had picked out these awesome (fake) yellow roses. He even had me smell them.| I look terrible in this picture but Michael's face is priceless! |
| Birthday kiss for Mom! |
I spent the rest of the afternoon figuring out my new machine and having fun with it. After naps we had cake, the boys made a delicious cake for me, and I love listening to them sing to me. Once they had dinner and went to bed Doug fixed me some dinner and we tried (unsuccessfully) to watch Lincoln. Doug went and picked up Sushi from our favorite restaurant. And we had some crab legs which are my favorite. Overall it was a great birthday!
| Notice my nice necklace. Thanks James! |
On Saturday we woke up early and headed over to the city's Easter egg hunt. James was so excited. They had it at some baseball fields so each field was a different age group. Billy got to go first. He really gets this kind of stuff. James and Michael never have until this year, they would always just pick up one egg and eat the candy then find another, but they would be just fine if they only got one or two. Billy went and picked up eggs as fast as he could putting them in his basket. He ended up with 17 eggs. James and Michael were in the next group. Parents were not supposed to go, but parents never follow the rules, it always ruins stuff like this for me. Just let the kids do it. James ran out so fast picking up eggs as fast as he could he ended up with over 20 I never got to count because Michael only got 4 (which he was really excited for) and James happily shared his with him.
On Sunday morning the Easter Bunny came. James and Michael were really excited to find their Easter Baskets, but Billy was still into the whole egg hunt thing. He looked at his basket but was much more excited about finding the eggs.
Brooke got all dressed up for Easter. She looked so pretty in her new dress. We were going to have a nice Easter dinner too but our stove decided we didn't really need it. Part way through cooking the ham and just when we were going to put the potatoes in the oven one of the elements on the stove broke, blowing the breaker and burning up the switch and wires on the stove. Every time we tried to turn the breaker back on there were sparks and a loud pop and the breaker was blown again. So we decided the only possible solution would be to finish the dinner on the grill. Never baked on a grill before so it was kind of interesting. Turned out OK but the potatoes were a little crunchy.

No comments:
Post a Comment