Monday, May 20, 2013

Other Happenings This Past Month

Baby Girl turned 3-months-old...about a month ago!  She is super sweet and loves to smile at everyone.
This month she has learned to roll over, both ways.  And now she moves around the house a lot.  It is no longer safe to leave her on the bed or couch, and still not safe to leave her on the floor.  So we really don't know what to do with her, so any suggestions would be welcome!
Billy is the reason we cannot leave her on the floor.  If we do he immediately goes to her and bugs her. He doesn't really understand that he has to be soft with her, and he thinks hitting, kicking and stepping on is the way we show affection in this house.  So it is pretty scary to leave her on the floor for any period of time.  
She is starting to love Daddy more and will actually sleep with him, let him hold her and play with him rather then just wanting Mommy!  

Brooke and Daddy taking a nap.  He had no clue I
even took this picture.
I completely rearranged/semi-decorated Billy's/Brooke's/The guest room.  I found a cheep crib ($50 for crib and mattress) on craigslist.  It has a bunch of bite marks but Doug was able to refinish it so it looks nice now.  Mikey was so excited he wanted it to be his room too.  I let him take a nap in there one day with Billy and when I went in to check on the them I found every stuffed animal and book in Billy's bed with him.
Billy is in there somewhere!
We finally got the crib done and set up, but I am a little afraid to actually move her in there.  Billy is super excited to have a new roommate.  I am afraid he is going to learn a little too quickly that he can climb in there with her.  
Bill is so excited to see Brooke in his room

Her first nap in her new bed
Mikey also loves Brooke.  Until recently he has pretty much left her alone.  But the past few weeks he has been such a big helper to her.  He loves to hold her and I have to get to her pretty fast when he decides he wants to because he thinks he is big enough to carry her to the chair on his own.
One day he asked if he could watch a movie with her.
Mikey has also been super helpful in other areas of the house.  One day he got the vacuum out and decided to vacuum the floors.  When he was done with that he pulled all the couch cushions off and vacuumed the couches too!  Such a great helper.  He has done this  a couple of times now.
James and Mikey have been having a ton of fun together lately too.  They really play together well...most of the time!  The best part of the day for them is bed time.  I can never get the to just go to bed, they always have to have these big elaborate adventures before bed.  Sometimes they are Mario and Luigi, sometimes Ralph and Felix or Vanellope.  One night We took everything out of their room to try and get them to just sleep.  They found their old Halloween costumes (Mike Wiscowski and James P. Sullivan) and put them on.  They were playing trick-or-treet.  It was super cute!

Halloween costumes from 3 years ago!  Although they decided
to switch them this time.
They are also very good at memorizing movies!  Mikey is so good for James because he can remember the lines almost as well as James can so they can often play with each other because Doug and I are just not that good at it!

One of James' favorite things to do lately (and he thinks it needs to happen every Friday night) is camping in the backyard.  The first time they did it Doug thought they wouldn't last that long.  It wasn't really warm and it rained a little bit, but James was insistent that they stick it out.  James and Mikey set up a camp fire this time and roasted marshmallows.  There was no actual fire, but they didn't care.

Mikey and James "roasting" marshmallows
James gets pretty creative sometimes.  One morning he woke up pretty early before school.  While I was getting ready he had found some fabric in the closet and drawn himself a "bad guy" shirt.  When I was trying to get him ready for school he was insistent that he was going to wear the shirt he made himself.  Well as you can see there is no way that was going to happen.  So I also got creative and pinned his shirt to another shirt and he was able to wear his "bad guy" shirt to school.  I was pretty impressed with how interested the other kids seemed in his shirt and they were all pretty impressed with it too.  "He made that this morning?!"
James wearing his "bad guy" shirt

1 comment:

Amber and The Boys said...

I love love love this post and I want Brooke to be mine.