I love when I get a glimpse into James' mind and understand a little how he views the world.
1. We often tell James how skinny he is. Mostly when he is changing and we actually see those super skinny arms and his ribs. I didn't think anything of this. He often tells his brothers they are skinny when he is in a supper silly mood. So it made me laugh pretty hard the other day when I realized what he actually thinks skinny means. He got out of the shower and was running around upstairs naked yelling "I'm Skin-ey, I'm Skin-ey" of course he is skinny, he is after all covered in skin.
2. Doug brought home and old children's wood picnic table from his Grandparents. They were going to throw it away and Doug decided to refinish it for our kids. We explained to them that first he needed to sand down the old wood and paint then we would put new paint on it. James has been pretty excited and has been asking when Dad is going to sand it. So the other day Doug was cleaning out the shed and James found a jar full of sand. He immediately ran over to the picnic table and carefully poured the sand all over it. He then explained to me that the table was now "sanded" and we could paint it!
James "lost" two teeth this week. He had a dentist appointment and since the other teeth were already growing in behind the dentist just pulled them out. He was so excited. Then not long after we got home he lost them in the backyard. We talked about it and he decided to write a note to the Tooth Fairy: Dear Tooth Fairy, Find my Teeth. She did and left him 2 dollars and a tooth brush and tooth paste so he can take care of his new teeth.
He was really mad that there is no school because he wants to show his friends that he lost a tooth. He asks every day if there is school.
No comments:
Post a Comment