Wednesday, October 28, 2009

James' New Shoes

For the past month James will only wear his sandals when we go places. I get his shoes and he yells "sandals" and runs and gets his sandals. So today I decided to take him to get new shoes, deciding that the reason he will only wear his sandals is because everything is too small, and at least when he wears his sandals his toes can stick out the end. They measured his feet and just as I expected his shoes were a size too small. So I started showing him some of the shoes I liked and he kept saying "No, No, No." to all of them. Finally he saw the pair he wanted on the shelf, just at eye level. "Buz Lightyear!" he said. I really think kids have a sixth sense about these things. He had to choose the 1. ulgyest 2. most expensive and 3. wont match anything, pair of shoes in the store. And they light up, which when he found that out I couldn't get them off of him! I thought maybe I would just buy a pair that I liked and once we got out of the store he wouldn't have a choice. But I am tired of having him wear his sandals everywhere. So I gave in, spent the extra $5 so that he would have a pair of shoes that he would wear. And really he's two, so who cares if his shoes don't match. At least they're not pink!


Funny story of the week: James just had a lesson in Nursery about saying prayers. So for the past week he has been saying prayers a lot. (Never mind that we have been teaching him about praying for two years with little success.) Yesterday he wanted to play Dodge Ball on the Wii. He brought me the game, and we sat down on the couch to play. I looked over at him and he had his arms folded. "Heavenly Father, Thank you..(for) Dodge Ball."

3 comments:

Olivia said...

I don't think that the Buzz Light year shoes are that bad. And I think it's really cool that they light up. I've got some shoes that squeak I'll sell them to you for 2 bucks. :)

Sarah McK said...

What a cutie. Kids do love those lightup shoes. Just wait until he's old enough to want the shoes with annoying WHEELS in them like all the kids that I taught at school. Try keeping up with him in the store wearing those things!

Natalie Allen said...

He saw Uncle Tim with shoes like that, and now he tries to pretend that he has them too.