So a few weeks ago I saw
this idea on Pinterest. The funny thing about Pinterest is you find lots of things you like and you pin it to do it later, but you never actually end up using most of the ideas. But this one was different, I knew I had to do this one, soon. I thought about how I would do it, and knew I had to get my husband to help drag my washer and dryer out to the garage. So that night I showed him the picture and said "I want to do this sometime." I never dreamed he would be as excited (maybe more) as I was. He insisted we do it right away. Only he wanted to do it "right" of course. Doing it "right" means we use a spray gun to paint rather than a brush or roller. The paint goes on much smoother this way and you don't get any brush or roller marks. So that night I did all the laundry in the house knowing that would give us a week to get these done.
 |
Doug got them out in the garage, than sanded them down so the paint would stick a little better. |
 |
| We taped them all up and Doug got to work with the spray gun. |
 |
| I made a stencil with my Silhouette. And Doug painted on the brown. |
 |
| We added more stencils and more taping and more painting. |
Finally we were done and are very pleased with the result. The idea for it just came to me as we were looking at what colors we wanted to do and evolved from there. It makes me smile every time I open the "laundry room" to do laundry.
2 comments:
That is so fun! I would have NEVER thought to paint a washer and dryer. It turned out so cute! I love it!
Your version is WAY cuter than that pinterest version!
Post a Comment