Sunday, June 28, 2009

National Camp in Your Backyard Day

Yesterday was National Camp in Your Backyard Day ( wonder who comes up with these "holidays"), so of course my boys had to camp in the backyard. Doug actually had this "camp out" planned for a long time. It was sort of a test run to see how James would do if we really went camping. I think they had a blast.
First they set up the tent. James didn't really care too much until it was set up. We got this tent last year and for some reason never even used it. So this was the first time we have ever set it up.

When it was time to go out they put on their backpacks to "hike" to the campsite.

They arrived tired and ready to camp! I think it was a pretty long hike for James with such a big backpack!

Time to take off the pack....

And jump on the bed!

I guess it took James forever to fall asleep. Doug said it was like watching a Dog, he kept turning and turning until finally it was time to settle down and go to sleep. They came in about 5 in the morning because it was so cold. I guess the nights here never get warm. It was supposed to get down to 40 degrees last night.

1 comment:

CL said...

brrrrrr- that's cold! Looks like fun.