Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain, Rain, and More Vent Problems

Michael is now 1 month old! He is getting so big, I weighed him on the Wii Fit and he unofficially weighs 9.7lbs. He is getting so big! This picture of him is right after his bath. When his hair is clean it is curly and blond, it is pretty cute, but of course Doug wants to give him a hair cut.

It has been raining every single day this month! We are so tired of the rain and staying inside, but luckily James loves to play in the Garage almost as much as he loves playing outside.

Finally on Friday it was a nice day (don't worry the clouds came back and it is raining again today) so we went outside. We all loved it. Michael took his nap in the "shade".

James roamed around everywhere! Amazingly he kept his hat on which I didn't think he would ever do.

He loves blowing bubbles, and he learned to peddle his bike on his own for the first time. I tried to get it on video, but he is just too fast at getting off his bike.

Finally the story of the vent problems... I feel really bad that I didn't get a picture, but I was more worried about the safety of James at the time. I put James down for his nap and did the routine pick everything off the floor that could be used as a toy, the shut and locked him in. An hour later he was still playing so I went back in, put him back in bed. I think around 2 or 2:30 he started crying a little, which is usually a good sign because it means he is going to go to sleep so I didn't worry about it. He finally did fall asleep, but at 3:00 he was awake and crying again. Crying when he wakes up is unusual so I went in to check on him and was a little shocked by what I found. James was on the floor under the window, but only from the waist up. At first I was confused, but soon I realized that the rest of him was down the vent. I have no clue how he got both legs down the vent but I am so grateful that it held his weight!

3 comments:

Judi said...

1. DO NOT CUT THE HAIR!!! Let's have some cute baby hair for a few months, at least until after Florida.
2.Does James like the bubble blower now. He looks really cute in the hat.
3.I guess you are going to have to get a video monitor for his room now.
The boy is determined to be busy during naps. what can you do :)

Shannon said...

Michael looks so different already and I'm with Judi, don't cut it! The curls are adorable!!!! Wow, that is kind of scary with James! Could he have fallen in any farther? He is such an adventurous kid!

Chad Keyser said...

I think what surprises me most about James is that he is your child...I think I always pictures Brandon as the one who would have the kids that get in to those kinds of situations:)