Friday, June 25, 2010

Crazy Mikey

Mikey has learned a ton lately! He loves to crawl around on his hands and feet and looks really funny doing it. He loves to be outside and whenever the door is open he "runs" to it. He has learned to climb stairs, but he doesn't know how to go down. We are working on that right now he just tries to go head first and I have to go get him before he falls down. The biggest reason he doesn't really get the stair thing yet is because the only stairs we have are the two steps in from the garage, the two steps in from the back yard and the three steps in to the front door. Not a lot of practice.
Mikey also has learned to stand up on his own. He loves to just stand up in the middle of the room and gets so proud of himself. Yesterday he was just standing in the middle of the room and I thought "What a great time to get a picture."After I took the picture Mikey started being really silly. It was so cute. Usually he can stand for quite a while and is pretty stable, but I think he saw the camera on and decided to ham it up!

The funniest part was when I showed the video to everyone last night. James thought it was hilarious and started acting it out. Mikey thought it was the funniest thing he has ever seen and was just laughing and laughing at himself. These two boys are sure a lot of fun!
P.S. I almost forgot to put our big news on here! Mikey took his first steps yesterday! He took one step to me. Then a few minutes later he took two more. Yea, maybe he will learn to walk after all!

4 comments:

Kent Keyser said...

Natalie, your post made me really laugh...nice thing while in the hospital, thanks. The boys are so cute and you have captured the joy of being a parent.

Judi said...

I love watching him crawl, I call him little stink bug because is butt is in the air. That video is so cute, dad can't watch it on his computer so he won't see it until he gets home tomorrow. I think Mikey learned things in the wrong order, usually you walk first and then stand up without help. He is so cute.

Amber and The Boys said...

Whoa-looks to me like he is going to take off running any day now. That was adorable. I am in love with him-wish I could see him!

Sarah McK said...

He is getting so big! Funnest!