Thursday, July 8, 2010

3rd, 4th and 5th of July

We had such a fun holiday weekend. On Friday Jordyn and I drove the scooter to Doug's job and he finally gave me a tour of the site. It was pretty amazing. I had a picture in my mind but it was way bigger then I imagined.

When we got home we found this surprise in the mail box. And we have to say a big thank you to Grandma Allen for sending it. No more naked James in the morning! Whoever thought of pajamas that zip in the back was a genius!
Friday night we went to the sand dunes and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Mikey ate the entire time, and James didn't eat at all. James loves the sand dunes and it is a good place for him to get tons of energy out.
Saturday morning we went to the Rexburg parade. This year we went to the beginning of the parade and it was way less crowded and we got way more candy. James really enjoyed sitting next to mom.
Mikey got to sit with Uncle Shabadoo. He was really into the whole parade, and candy of course.
I think James was getting a little tired.
At the end one of the floats was giving out American Flags. The boys loved them more then all the candy.
James decided that was all he needed and went and sat on his chair and waved his flag for the rest of the parade.
And this picture is just because my boys are so funny when they eat corn. James wont pick it up and Mikey eats it from the end!

We had a fun barbecue with Doug's brothers and cousin. It was a lot of fun, then we did a few sparklers. Surprisingly James really liked it so then we felt bad we didn't get some more fireworks.
Once the kids were in bed we went on the roof and watched the city fireworks. They lasted about 5 minutes and weren't that exciting. I am realizing that I don't really remember what we did what days. It all kind of blends together in my mind so this may not be that accurate of a time line of what we did, but at least you get the idea.

No comments: