Monday, July 12, 2010

He Walks!

After waiting for what seems like forever Michael finally started walking this week!  It has definitely been different teaching Mikey how to walk then it was with James. James just started walking one day.  No wobbly steps and falling down every few steps, just walked across the room, turned around and came back.  Mikey has been learning at a very cautious, slow pace.  He wouldn't even let us only hold one hand while he was learning, it had to be both or he would sit right down on the floor and refuse to stand up!  So last week he took a few steps back and forth from Mom to Dad.  That was exciting progress for us.  A few days later I took my night off to go see a movie with Jordyn.  During the movie I got a text from Doug saying Mikey had walked across the floor on his own!  No parent around to force him.  I can't believe I missed it.  Over the next few days he started practicing more and more, and now I would say he walks most of the time.  Still pretty wobbly, but he is so proud of himself. 
Another fun thing with this new walking stuff is how much better friends James and Mikey are.  James love to make his brother laugh, and they really seem to be close to the same level socially.  So I got the tunnel out the other day and the boys just had a blast playing in it and making each other laugh.  I love days like this!

2 comments:

Kent Keyser said...

Way cute...the boys will be best friends, thanks for sharing we love all the updates!

Sarah McK said...

What a cutie! It figures that the one time the stay at home mom decides to treat herself and go to a movie the baby decides to walk for dad. :)