Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Aquarium and Tiny Town

Having more fun in Colorado!  On Friday we left early and went to the Denver Aquarium.  I have always wanted to go but it is pretty expensive ($16 a person) but after much searching I found some 2 for 1 tickets on Facebook so we decided to go.  I thought the boys would love it since they love to go see the fish at Walmart.  Mikey did love it.  He pointed at all the fish and tried to grab them but didn't understand the glass being in the way.  The coolest part was the tunnel through the big aquarium, James even stood still for that part.  James' favorite part was the captains wheel at the very beginning, climbing on the rocks they had in one of the rooms, and climbing the stairs and walking across the bridge.  My camera battery died part way through so I didn't get very many pictures.  My favorite part was the tiger.  They had a tiger in one of the cages, and it was the most active tiger I have ever seen.  It came down right in front of Mikey and he thought it was so cool.  
James decided to go fishing in his boat.  He spends so much time in this boat.  
On Saturday we headed up toward the mountains to go to Tiny Town.  I have driven past this a lot as a kid, but we never stopped to see it.  I knew James would like this, and I was pretty sure Mikey would like it.  It is this "town" made out of miniature house that people build and donate.  The whole way up James kept talking about going in the "dark in here's"  this is what he calls the overpasses that you drive under.  I don't know where the term came from but he has been really excited driving around the city with all of them.  
As I expected James LOVED Tiny Town.  He tried climbing all the miniature stairs, knocked on all the doors, and tried to go in a lot of them.  They were really cool.  Some of them were decorated inside like the buildings that they were (movie theater, dentist, school etc.)  Some of them were built so the kids could go inside, those were James' favorite.  Mikey didn't care too much about it, he was just tired and hungry.  Oh, and we took a picture of James by the purple one for Aunt Amber and family because it was called The Price House Cafe.  After that we rode the steam engine train.  Mikey didn't love it, he hated when they blew the whistle a let out the steam.  James loved it, he just sat on Grandpa's lap and looked at everything.  It was a pretty fun day. 


1 comment:

CL said...

It was so fun to see you guys!! We went to Tiny Town on Tuesday and both our boys really liked it...except Andrew didn't love the train either. Hope you continue enjoying beautiful (and cool) CO!!