Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Big Boy Now!

Mikey is now 15 months old!  He is also so little still.  His check up isn't for a few weeks so I don't know his stats yet, but he is small.  Mikey is also the best eater I know.  He is always eating and he eats anything!  It is amazing what he can eat with only 6 littler biters.  (4 on top 2 on bottom)  the other day I discovered a little chomper poking through on the top, so he will soon have another tooth, also on the top and this one will help him chew his food a little. 
The other day we decided it was time for Mikey to get a new car seat.  We were hoping that James would be ready for a booster seat, but I think James is pretty attached to his car seat.  He hated the idea of wearing the regular seat belt so we figured he will probably be in it for at least another year.  We set up the car seat as soon as we bought it and Mikey laughed and laughed the entire time.  He was so happy to be able to see us. 

1st ride in the new seat!
"Mom, let's go!"
On Saturday we decided to go let the boys play in the river.  Then we remembered about this lake our friends told us about at the sand dunes and decided to try that instead.  It was perfect!  We wish we had known about this place all summer, I would have taken the boys there at least once a week!  It never gets any deeper than my hips and most of it is about at my knees.  They boys loved being able to just play and I loved not having to worry that they were getting too deep.
Playing in the sand
Egin Lake

No comments: