Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When It Rains...

We seem to have gotten a lot of, well not really "bad" news, just not good news lately.  Two weekends ago we decided that since our place in Utah is just sitting empty for a few months and we really would like to buy a house we would go ahead and try and sell it and see what happens.  In order to do that there is a lot of work that needs to be done, (most of this we are just doing in anticipation to moving back in ourselves, but will really help it sale) tearing out a closet in the basement bedroom, painting almost every wall in the house, tearing out and replacing the carpet, and cleaning everything really well.  Last weekend the work went really well. We got the closet taken out, most of the painting done, and some carpet removed.  When Doug took the carpet out in the room he took the closet out of we noticed that water was getting in through the wall.  So that was disappointing to find.  Not a major thing to fix, but still has to be fixed.
Eating breakfast
Leaky Basement, you can't really see it very well 
Last Friday Mikey had his 15 month Check up.  Here are his stats:
Height: 30 1/2 inches (don't know the percentile, but it jumped from last time)
Weight: 19 lbs 13 oz (2nd percentile, he dropped from the 4th percentile 3 months ago)
Head: 17 1/2 inches
I thought that since Mikey had stopped nursing and was on solid food he would jump up in his weight a little.  No such luck.  I really had no clue how to help him gain weight.  This kid eats and eats and eats!  He is the best little eater and consumes more calories a day than James.  It is not just us that think he is a big eater either, everyone who meets Mikey comments on his eating abilities.  So the Doctor gave us some suggestions on how to add calories to his diet without adding food.
Cute Mikey
Then last weekend we went down to do some more work on our place.  As we were driving down I kept thinking of things I forgot: Noise machine (a must for me to sleep well), a few toiletries, shoes for both the boys, then the big one hit, PINK and PURPLE!  I debated turning around and just going home, but decided that it would be cheaper to buy a new blanket and hope the substitution would be ok (it was).  I also discovered that I forgot our pillows.  So after we got the kids to bed we got some more work done.  Friday night was awful.  I used James' backpack full of diapers and Doug used some towels for pillows.  The air mattress kept going flat, it was too quite, so I didn't sleep well.  And because I didn't sleep well Doug didn't sleep well.  Then about 5 am James woke up and got in bed with us.  Instead of going back to sleep like he normally does he decided to kick us.  So we got up and did some more work.  My dad came by and took James off our hands and Mikey took a long nap so we were able to get everything done and leave that night.
On the way home Doug kept commenting on how bumpy the road was.  Finally we decided to pull over and check the tires to ease our minds.  We found nothing wrong with the tires and were about to get back in the car and head out.  That is when I noticed the front driver side tire looked a little funny.  I put my hand on top and there was a huge bulge and it was completely bald in that spot.  So we unloaded the trunk, changed the tire and managed to get the old tire back into our already full trunk.  So now we are glad to be home for a while.

No comments: