Halloween was so much fun this year. Even though it was on Sunday we are lucky enough to live in a place where 98% of the population is LDS so everyone celebrated on Saturday. It was fun to get ready for it. We decided that Mikey had to be Mike Wazowski since that is what James calls him a lot. James was going to be a construction worker with Dad. Then it hit me that Mike Wazowski's best friend is James P. Sullivan. So of course we knew James had to be Sully. It was a ton of fun making their costumes.
Thursday had a party at school. He walked into class, took off his backpack then his hat then asked me to take his "Sully off" I got him distracted with a bike and he left the costume on the whole time.
 |
| Sully at School |
On Saturday we carved pumpkins. The boys didn't really like Dad's, but it was pretty cool again this year. They loved mine. Mikey said it was "happy" and James liked looking at the "eyes, nose and hair"
 |
| Mom's pumpkin |
 |
| Dad's pumpkin |
For Dinner we stole this idea from my Sister -in-law. We had stew cooked in a pumpkin. Doug was a little worried it would taste too much like pumpkin, but it didn't and was a lot of fun.  |
| Dinner! |
After dinner it was time to get dressed. We stuffed Mikey pretty full. But probably a little too full, he had a hard time walking and kept tipping over. But he was the happiest little monster.
 |
| Mike Wazowski |
James was excited to wear his Sully costume and even kept his hat on the entire time. I had a hard time getting a picture of him standing still, and definitely couldn't get a picture of them together.
 |
| James P. Sullivan |
It was hard getting Mikey in his car seat, but the church is really close so he didn't have to sit like this for long. We un-stuffed him for the ride home.
 |
| Going Trick-or-Treating |
The trunk-or-treating wasn't as good of a turn out as I thought it would be, but the boys liked it. As we were pulling up I told Doug it would be nice if we could park next to someone we knew (since it was the entire stake) but ended up just parking then realized we did park next to someone we knew. But I felt a little silly parked with my bag of candy next to their decked out car and root-beer brewing in the back.
 |
| A short break |
After we ran out of candy to give away we headed over to a neighborhood to do some more trick-or-treating.
 |
| The houses |
Finally we stopped at the neighbors on the way home. We kept thinking how great it would be to live in a neighborhood where we could go to houses that we actually knew the people. And this was definitely our best stop. They love our boys (she always tries to take Mikey during sacrament meeting but Mikey isn't always willing to go). Our boys love all their animals. They got tons of candy here.
 |
| The Neighbors |
Overall I would say it was a ton of fun and our guys definitely enjoyed it.
1 comment:
Awesome costumes! I'm hiring you next year to make my boys some. I'd love your recipe for the stew in a pumpkin! I have made a different dinner in a pumpkin but I'm the only one who likes it.
Post a Comment