About a week and a half ago we got a phone call saying that a pipe in our house in Utah had frozen and burst and our basement was flooded. That was a really bad night for us. Not being close we couldn't really go and see how bad it was, but from what we were being told, it was bad. Later we received some pictures from Tim.
 |
| Most of the walls looked like this. Kind of weird. |
 |
| This is the ceiling where it broke. |
It has been really frustrating because we have been trying to find renters, with no luck. Nobody has even gone by to see it, although we had several people stand us up. It is funny though because the very next day we started getting calls like crazy and Doug even showed it to two people last weekend who both want to sign a lease.
Anyway... despite this I don't think I have even been happier. It is kind of weird. I can think of a million reasons to be a little depressed right now, a lot of them having to do with this new town we live in, but none of that seems to matter when I think about it. Maybe it has something to do with the 6 lbs of strawberries Mikey and I ate last week, we also made a lot of these:
But I don't quite think that is it. I think it mostly has to do with this:
 |
| I think he is trying to be a cat |
And this:
 |
We had a fun night dipping fruit in chocolate
He was a mess! |
And this:
 |
| They are best friends |
And mostly this:
 |
| I really wish this picture wasn't blurry |
I don't think I have ever been so content with my role as a mother and my choice to be a stay at home mom. There are so many things that Doug misses every day that I get to be around for.
- Every morning when Mikey wakes up I have to get him out of bed, then "donkey" then "blanket airplane" and then "blanket hat" which means he wants the blanket on his head.
- Every morning I get to share my cereal with either James or Mikey or both
- James often comes out of my room wearing one of my shirts as a "princess".
- I get to get James from the bus when he gets home from school and he is always grinning from ear to ear and so excited to be home.
- I get to help Mikey go "potty" every time James does, or every time I change his diaper
- I get to hear the boys laughing and laughing when they are playing together. They are really best friends. And they love each other so much. I would hate to miss any of it.
I don't think I have been more in love with these two boys. And that is why, even though I have many reasons to be unhappy, I have never been happier.
1 comment:
What a nice post! Mikey is so big! I am so glad that your boys are doing so well!
Post a Comment