Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lots of Little Stuff

I have been way to hot and tired lately to blog much.  Plus we haven't really done anything big to blog about, so I have some little stuff saved up and so I will just do a bunch of mini posts within this post. 
Father's Day
For Father's day we decided to go to Colorado.  Doug's work schedule was arranged so that he would have Thursday, Friday and Monday off.  So with a nice 5 day weekend we HAD to get out of Clovis.  So Wednesday night we drive up to Colorado.  I have to mention we had to go a much longer way because I-25 was closed in one spot due to a wildfire.  So instead we drove from New Mexico through Texas and Oklahoma to get to Colorado.  We had a lot of fun visiting, and I have to say that it was nice to get out of the hot, brown, dry desert.  
James making Grandpa's gift.  We had the boys
decorate ties for Grandpa.  
 We went to Tiny Town again.  Mikey loved it.  He still asks to go to Tiny Town.
Mikey and Grandpa on the train

Mikey in the little house
Keeping Cool
When we got home it was HOT.  It has already been like 99 degrees almost every day.  Then I heard on the news that we were going to get a heat wave.  So this past week it has been 105, 106 108...almost everyday!  We have not wanted to even leave the house.  The boys don't even really want to go outside because it is just too hot.  The AC can't even really keep up, but the boys are finding a few ways to keep cool:
James lays his blanket right over the vent and lays next to it.
letting the cool air seep out to keep him nice and cool.
One morning I thought, "Hey lets go to the park as soon as we wake up so we can get there before it gets too hot."  We got to the park before 9am and it was already 95 degrees!  Needless to say we didn't stay long.  We talked the boys out of it by bribing them with the swimming pool at home.  When we got home I realized the mistake as soon as we got home, someone would have to sit outside to watch them while they were in the pool.  Doug was a good husband and agreed to take that job.
Boys in the pool.  This pool is getting a ton of use this summer.
 Jello
James' favorite thing lately is making Jello.  We NEVER make Jello and don't even have it in the house, but last time we visited Grandma and Grandpa they had green Jello.  It was all he could talk about on the way there this time.  So I now keep Jello stocked in the cupboard and James always grabs a box and asks to make it, even if we already have some in the fridge.
James and Dad making Jello, he knows all the steps.
 Our "New" Table
We bought our table 5 years ago, from Shop-ko.  So while it works, it is not the nicest table around.  The finish was coming off the top and it needed to be sanded and re-stained.  Doug had the great idea that instead of trying to match the stain we could just paint the top white and let the boys decorate their spots. I agreed since I don't see us having this table much longer because it only seats 4 and we are about to be a family of 5.
The boys loved painting.

The finished product. 
An added bonus is James now LOVES to help set the table.  He goes and get things to fit in all the spots.  It was funny at dinner tonight Mikey had set his cup off to the side after he got a drink and James told him that it did not go there and fixed it to go where his cup was supposed to be.

No comments: