We have been super busy this past month, and continuing to be super busy these next couple of weeks. I am pretty excited for January because then maybe life will slow down a bit so I can dig into my pile of things I have wanted to get done but haven't had the time. So I though I would just do a quick update on what we have been doing lately.
Doug: Doug's birthday was just before Thanksgiving. We had a really fun day. He mostly got tools, well he ONLY got tools for his birthday. He got to go pick out a new sander at Lowe's and go golfing. Mikey pretty much planned the day. He told me Dad wanted Pizza, Cake and Golfing ball. And he was right that is exactly what Dad wanted. He also successfully held his 2nd annual Pinewood Demolition Derby in Colorado over Thanksgiving. Go here to see a highlight video. Now he works a lot, and LOVES playing with his boys. They have so much fun with their Dad. Every night James demands that Doug "Snuggles" with them. Really there is absolutely zero snuggling going on. Last night Doug had me read them their story so he didn't have to disappoint them when he didn't stay to snuggle. After the story James yelled "Dad, you're Snuggling!"
Natalie: I have been having a ton of fun with my boys. We drove to Colorado for Thanksgiving, just me and the 3 boys, no Dad. That was an adventure. Not something I am wanting to repeat anytime soon. I also was given the "opportunity" to play my violin in church last week. Not an experience I would seek out but am willing to do when asked. I actually enjoyed having something to practice and a reason to play again. It wasn't anything spectacular but it was pretty fun.
James: James has been busy, busy busy! He is always inventing new games, mostly with marbles and bowling. He also LOVES to cook lately. Last night he helped me peel, cut and cook the potatoes for our mashed potatoes. He always wants to make cookies and cupcakes. Last night we were making these pretzel/hug/M&M treats my MIL always makes around Christmas. I had Doug and the boys unwrapping the hugs while I ran to the store to get pretzels. When I got home James yelled, "HI MOM! WE'RE BAKING!" So cute. He has also been making tons of progress at school. He talks all the time, he always asks us to "come play" and makes tons of eye contact. His teacher had the OT do a test the other day on his eye-contact and he said he made eye-contact 15 times in 30 minutes. That is pretty good for him.
| This is pretty much how the boys room looks every morning. James is always doing something fun in there. He never gets bored. |
| I was trying to take Billy's picture and Mikey had to get his camera to help. Such a cutie! |
He always wants to be watching what is going on with his brother so the second I set him on the floor he is on his tummy so he can see better. It is pretty nice not having to push tummy time! He is learning to suck his thumb which isn't great. He also has started squirming when we are holding him, trying to get out of our hands.
| Billy watching Mikey play with marbles |
No comments:
Post a Comment