In every house we have lived in we have had a "toy room". A place out of the way to keep all the toys where they kids could play and we didn't have to keep the toys in the boys room. It has been wonderful. However in this last move our house now basically consists of 1 big room and the bedrooms. So we set up a play area in the corner of the big room. After our house was all set up Doug had a genius idea. He wanted to build a little fence around the toys. He liked this idea because it would contain the toys in one area of the house, I liked the idea because I thought it would be really cute. Well 4 months later and the fence is done. I give you:
JMB Ranch
For Christmas I got my Silhouette machine and this was my first vinyl project. I am pretty proud of how it turned out. Especially since I had to make the cowboys myself.
4 comments:
That is so fun! I bet your boys love it! How did you make the cowboys yourself? I have a silhouette, but haven't really figured out much about it. Teach me!
I had to import a picture into my library, then I used that picture to draw the outline I wanted (using the free hand tool). Then I just deleted the picture and "grouped" all my lines so it was a single image. Not too hard, but pretty time consuming. Also all my lines weren't quite connected so when I cut out the vinyl I hand a few little pieces I had to cut with a knife. Overall not too bad for my first project.
That is sooo cute!! What a great idea!
I love it! So, so cute.
Post a Comment