We have been pretty busy this summer, and I keep forgetting to blog, nothing new there! So I will just do one big catch up post.
Here is a video of Mikey getting "swimsuit" ready for the summer.
Brooke turned 4-months...and 5 months...and is now almost 6 months old! It is crazy to me how fast the past 6-months have gone.
Let's see what I can remember about Brooke from 4-months...
- She weighed almost 14 lbs and was in the 50th percentile for height and weight.
- She could roll over both ways, probably the youngest of my kids to be able to do this.
- Still not sleeping through the night, and still sleeping in our closet, we were pretty nervous to move her in with Billy.
- We took her to get her pictures done, and got way too many good ones. She is such a social, happy baby and always has a smile for anyone who looks at her.
![]() |
| Pretty girl! |
- We moved her in with Billy, he was pretty excited about that
- Still really happy most of the time
- Still not sleeping great, goes to bed pretty late, and wakes up pretty early
- She started eating solids this month and loves them.
Brookes first taste of "real" food. Besides all the crackers and stuff Billy has been sneaking her.
Brooke even got to join in on the fun and LOVED it.
Mom even got in one day, that was one crowded pool!
On the 4th of July we decided to finally take the boys to the fireworks. We never have in the past because the boys are so young and it is so crowded. We filled up Doug's truck with mattress, blankets, pillows and beanbags and drove it over to a shopping center near the park where they light them off. We all climbed in the back, got some Sonic milkshakes and watched the show. It was pretty awesome and I think it would have been funny to be near us! The boys were so excited (and loud) every time one went off.
James is still into lightning storms, it has been a really fun summer, especially since we have actually had some good storms. He often asks me to print him pictures from the computer to color. One day he kept asking for pictures and I wasn't paying much attention to what he was doing with them. Then he brought me this book to read to me. It was super cute, and I was so proud of his creativity.
James also had a Dr appointment for his 6-year checkup last week. (I know I am a little behind!) He is 44 lbs, and 3ft 9in tall. I think he was like in the 25th percentile for his weight and 50th for his height. Not surprised that he dropped in weight, since he eats NOTHING! It was quite an interesting appointment. James freaked out. So he was sitting on my lap facing me with his arms hooked to the chair behind me, so I was pretty much pinned down to the chair. Then he was screaming the entire time. The Dr came in and said, 'Why is he screaming' Well he is afraid of you. So finally it was time to actually do the exam and he is freaking out more and more. Then he realized it doesn't actually hurt so he starts to calm down. The he gets the "flashlight" out to shine in his mouth. James opens his mouth about an inch, then says "It's dark in my mouth" opens his mouth again, then says "It's dark and my teeth can't see" this went on the entire time the Dr was trying to look in his mouth. Then it was time for the ears. James always freaks out about his ears so he starts crying again. Then it is all done and I am talking to the Dr about potty training issues when James interrupts, "did you find a puppy in my ear. The puppy was licking in my ear." I was cracking up at this point.
Today during Billy's appointment James was pretty nervous. I kept trying to distract him but he needed to help Billy I guess. I would say "James do you want to play with the iPad?" and he would respond, "No I need to watch Billy!" Once I tried to give him the paper measuring tape they used to measure Billy's head and he yelled, "NO! It's Billy's turn!" Then he kept telling he would be alright, and going to the steps of the exam with him.

1 comment:
So fun! I wish we lived closer so we could see you all more often. That would be fun.
Post a Comment