Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Allen Family


Well I guess it is about time that we joined the world of blogging. It seems like a great way to stay in touch with old friends so we will give it a try. To many of you this may be old news but I will give a brief recap of the past year to benefit those who my not be up to date our our lives. Last May Doug got a job with Okland Construction and we moved to Salt Lake City! In November we bought our own townhouse in Murray, which we have been having a fun time fixing up, even though it didn't need much. I know Doug wishes there was more he could do. Doug has been working on the Draper temple for the past year and he loves his job. It is fun for me to hear all of his stories and to see the progress on the temple.

I have been working at home raising James who joined our family on April 23. It has been so much fun to be with him and watch him grow. I love to call Doug during the day and tell him all the fun things James is doing. Recently he had learned to roll over both ways so if I walk out of the room he is always in a completely different spot when I come back. It makes it more difficult because we can't just leave him on the couch or bed anymore, but it is fun to watch him play.


James had his first airplane ride in July when we went to Colorado to visit Doug's family. James seemed to enjoy the airplane ride more then he did Colorado. We went to the mountains and enjoyed some slightly cooler weather. James took is second airplane ride in August when we went to Florida to visit my family. We enjoyed the humid weather and swimming in the inter coastal waterway. We went to the everglades and saw some alligators and James went swimming for the first time. He liked to kick his feet in the ocean and play with the sand.

After all the excitement we decided to take September off and just stay home. Doug is finishing his laundry room project which will hopefully be done soon. James and I are getting ready for our next trip to Florida in October.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

What a cute family and beautiful baby you have!