Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big News!

We made it to Florida with only a little drama. The flight to Chicago was perfect. The layover wasn't too awful. They rushed us onto the plane to make up for some lost time. Then we sat there for an hour so they could fix the bathroom. When they finally got the bathroom fixed they decided that we needed more fuel so we sat longer. Finally about 30 minutes before we landed James started screaming and we could not calm him down, this is the result of only having two VERY short naps. Finally we landed and got off the plane to find they had left our stroller in Chicago. I was so tired and upset by this time, not to mention that it was past 11:00 Florida time.

We have been having fun, James loves to chase the dog around, and she tolerates it as well as a small dog can tolerate a small child. James also loves to swim. Even though the water is a little cold it is hard to get him out of the pool. He doesn't love the ocean however. When we went there to play yesterday he walked up the walkway stopped, looked at the ocean, said "No" and turned around and walked back to the car! I was laughing pretty hard and we did get him to play in the sand far away from the waves.

The big news is...we're moving! On Tuesday Doug talked to his boss and they asked if he would be willing to go work in Rexburg, Idaho for a year to replace a project engineer on a job there. This is somewhat of a blessing because we didn't think they would have another job for Doug for awhile and he would just be working out of the office. So even though it is not another Temple it will be a great experience and a blessing for our family. Yesterday when Doug talked to his boss they had it approved to go and wanted him up there as soon as possible. Doug said he needed two weeks to finish up his work on the Draper Temple then he would be ready to go. Now it just has to be approved by the school and it is official. So I am house hunting from here and as soon as we get home Doug will be leaving for Idaho while I try to pack up our entire house as quickly as possible. Hopefully we will also be able to find someone to rent our place in Utah. So while we are having so much fun in Florida I keep thinking about all that has to get done once we get home!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad you are having a good time in Florida. That's crazy that you are moving, and so soon too! We'll miss having you so close.

Amber and The Boys said...

Wow! I have been waiting to hear where you guys would end up next. Tim will be THRILLED to have you in Rexburg I am sure! I wish I could be there to help you pack up! Moving is so hard! Will you guys sell your place in Utah or just hang onto it for a while? I can't believe what a day that must have been to fly to Florida! Wow-glad it went mostly well!

Olivia said...

Back to Rexburg huh?? Sounds like fun and I think Idaho is a great place to live!!