We have had a somewhat interesting week. When we got home from Utah last Sunday we again couldn't find our driveway. It was even worse then the last time, which was less than a week prior to this. It looked like all the snow that had been plowed off had blown back on in addition to the new snow. It was extremely cold and windy and we had a car full of luggage and Christmas Presents, not to mention James. So again we parked at the neighbors and walked home. We tried calling the guy who plowed our driveway before but got no answer as was the case with all the other plow services we called, nothing is open in Rexburg on Sunday. After a lot of frustration, crying (pregnant women do that) and prayer, we decided that it would be more cost effective to buy a snow blower.
On Monday Doug called the plow guy and asked him to come do our driveway. He came, was here for about 5 minutes then left. He did about 15 ft at the front of the driveway and called Doug to say it was too heavy to push. If we had called him yesterday he could have done it, (more frustration!) Doug took off work early to look for a snow blower, he couldn't find one in Rexburg. When James woke up from his nap we drove to Idaho Falls to look, no snow blowers anywhere! I looked on the Internet and couldn't find anything. On Tuesday morning I had this thought, "Maybe Utah has snow blowers and my parents are still there and can pick it up." So I looked online and called Lowe's, they had 1 that was just returned. So I bought it (using the money we had saved for food storage), and it sat in Utah until Saturday night when my brother brought it up. Doug was so excited he couldn't wait to get started, even though it was dark.
Sunday Doug went out early to get the driveway clear, 4 1/2 hours later he came in to get ready for church and we walked out to the car to go to church. After Church he spent another 1 1/2 hours, with the help from a neighbor. So after a week of walking down the driveway to go anywhere, and 6 hours of work we were finally able to drive in our driveway! And he accomplished all this just in time for it to start snowing today! 
I try to remember what a blessing it is for us to be here, and for Doug to have t his job, but at times like this it is hard. I would not mind if his next job were in a much warmer climate!
3 comments:
It's snowing?!!! So much for Murphy's Law.
I'm sorry you guys have had such a hard time with the snow. As Chad and I drove through Wyoming this past week, we noticed their snow breaks they have set up along the road. It seemed that the snow always drifted directly behind the snow break, which was why the breaks were so far away from the road. Perhaps when the guys moved your snow breaks right by your driveway, they actually made the problem worse. Just a thought. Maybe you might want to try moving them farther away from your driveway. Anyway, good luck!
Where are you guys living in Rexburg?? I can't believe you were snowed out of your driveway for a week. No fun!!
Post a Comment