Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Playgroup

I have been having a hard time trying to decide what to post this week. James has been doing so many cute things, but as soon as I get the camera out, he stops. For example, this morning I was in the kitchen and could hear James in the Family room making the "d" sound. When I looked in he was sitting very close to the TV copying what they were doing. They were spelling Dress and saying and making the sounds of each letter in the word, he was copying them. So I went to get the camera and he just sat there and looked at me. I guess I will have to be sneakier. So I was very excited for yesterday because we had playgroup at our house and I thought for sure James would do something with the other kids that I could take a picture of. But here is how playgroup ended up:
The other kids came, I got out his trains and blocks to play with they all sat down and started playing, James sat on my lap, he wouldn't interact with the other kids at all. The other kids went to throw balls at the "puppy" (Loa) James threw a fit because they were playing with his balls. They all wanted drinks of water, James laid on his blanket in the other room sucking on his fingers (this is is comfort mode). He kept grabbing my hand and trying to take me back to his room away from the other kids, and got really mad when I wouldn't go. The best part was when one of the other kids touched his blanket and he flipped out. I guess this is why we do playgroup, to get him used to being around other kids. So here are the pictures I got.
The other kids playing in the tunnel.

James running down the hall.

When their parents came nobody wanted to go home, but James couldn't wait to get them out the door. When everyone was gone he had to go around and play with all his toys, I guess to make sure they were still the same. Hopefully he does better next week when I take him to someone elses house. I also hope that he learns to be a little better by the time his brother is born.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That's too funny. Playgroup is a good opportunity for them to learn to interact with other kids. Hopefully he gets better about sharing.