Saturday, September 5, 2009

Golfing and More Bed Time Problems

*note about the finger paint: once it cooled it was way to thick, so I added some water and it was a little lumpy. I put it in the blender for a little bit and now it is perfect.*

James's new favorite thing to do outside is Golf. He always gets Dad's "sticks" (clubs) out of his bag to practice, and of course he has to do what Dad is doing. So first we practiced driving. I don't know why but he always hits left handed, even with his right handed clubs.


Dad's clubs were a little too big, so Doug made James his own set. Right now he only has a 4 iron and a 9 iron. Next we had to practice his approach. It still needs a lot of work and I'm not quite sure if he even knows where the hole is. Next we will try putting!

Now for more bed time problems...

James had never been afraid of the dark, one night we forgot to turn his light off and went in to find him asleep with his blanket over his head. One night this week I woke up to hear James crying in the middle of the night. So I went in and laid down with him for a while. Every time I moved my hand, even just to scratch my face or something he grabbed it and put it back around him. I had to lay in his bed for 45 minutes. The next night Doug was putting him to bed and he ran down the hall and when he got to his room he stopped, clearly afraid to go into the dark room alone. As soon as we shut the door he started crying, so we left his closet light on, and have had to do that every night since. So yesterday I bought him a night light. He was so excited about it he didn't even cry for another story. So I shut the door and about a minute later I hear him crying. So I go back in his room and he is sitting on the floor holding the night light in his hand, crying because it is completely dark. I think I have had enough sleeping problems with James that the rest of my kids should be easy!

Michael is growing and playing more all the time. He is so happy and he loves his Dad the best! A lot of the time I can't even get him to eat because he is too busy looking at his Dad.

2 comments:

Sarah McK said...

That is so cute that Michael is obsessed with Doug! And what a funny picture of James on his...well, what was formerly his bed. Hope we get to see you guys at Christmas!

Amber and The Boys said...

James is such a riot! Love it! Michael looks SO different than when we saw him. I can't believe how much he has changed. His hair looks lighter and of course he is coming out of that new born phase. Cutie!