James's newest obsession is painting. He asks several times a day to paint (saying the word paint as if we lived in the South). Usually he wants my craft paints but normally I put him in his chair with a thing of watercolors. If I have time to supervise then he gets his
finger paints. He doesn't like to spread the
finger paints around and constantly asks for more. So I was pretty excited when I found this recipe for
finger paints. I bought some containers to keep them in, but if I had some baby food jars then it would have been free.
OK not really free, but I already had all the stuff to make it.

1 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Food coloring
Mix the water, cornstarch, and several drops of food coloring together in a saucepan. Heat and stir the mixture until it thicken, about 5 minutes (mine only took 1 or 2). Let it cool. Store in a covered container. Use the paint for finger painting or as an almost dripless easel paint. If the mixture becomes too think, add water until it reaches the desired consistency.
I only did half of the recipe for each color.
1 comment:
Awesome! I am going to do that for Jack! (And by the way this is Amber, not Jackie.)
Post a Comment