Wednesday, March 10, 2010

James is "The Spirit of Adventure"

I was realizing today there there are so many funny "James" stories that I post on Facebook, but I don't blog about. These are definitely things that I don't want to forget so I thought I would go back the last few months and write down the stories so we can remember them later.
12-12-09 We were at our ward party and James was running all over the place. He found a little friend to play with. Bailey is a cute girl about a year younger then himself. They were playing together and decided to go out in the hall, I was following James and Bailey was with her dad. Her dad asked Bailey if she wanted to give James a hug. She did and went to give him a hug, but James had other plans. When she leaned in, he gave her a kiss right on the lips!
1-12-10 James loves playing with my wallet. He likes to take the cards out, which he calls dollars, and run them through the keyboard on the computer. Just like Mom does at the store! This particular day he got my debt card out and handed it to me "Want thirteen dollars."
2-5-10 James loves to clean the toilet. I often find the toilet brush sitting in the toilet. Doug and I were going to bed, we went back to our bathroom and there was the toilet brush on the floor, soaking wet and lots of small puddles of water, and my toothbrush, hmm...wonder what he did with that.
2-8-10 James new favorite breakfast is "yucky charms"
2-12-10 We were in Salt Lake for Doug's eye surgery staying in a hotel. I decided to share the bed with James instead of Doug so that Doug could get some good sleep. At about 3 in the morning James woke up and started acting out Up. He was yelling "Cross your heart, Cross it! Good you promised, no backing out!" He also got a story book to be is Adventure book and turned on the light so he could see better. Needless to say he woke up Michael and Doug and probably the people in the room next to us.
A long week: 2-23-10 James brought me the camera...broken 2-25-10 I was feeding Michael and James was playing in the sink in the kitchen. I heard James say "Where's your phone" and I thought "Where is my phone." So I went to investigate and found my phone in the sink in a bowl of water. Also this same week our couch broke again, not entirely James' fault but we are sure he had something to do with it.
2-28-10 Doug went to pick James up from Nursery and could see him. He asked one of the leaders who said he was with the other leader. He wasn't. They looked everywhere and could find James. Doug finally heard him and found him in the podium (in the Nursery room) with the doors shut. I am sure he was acting out some part of UP.
3-3-10 James' favorite things things to say are "Hey" and "That's mine" often we hear them together, "Hey, that's mine!" So this day James decided to play a game with me. He would bring me something, shove it in my hands, and the second I took it he would said, "Hey, that's mine!" and take it away.
3-4-10 Again I was in the other room feeding Michael while James was in the Kitchen. When I was done I walked in the kitchen to find this:

I guess James decided to make dinner. You would think I would have learned not to leave him alone in the kitchen, but no the next day I walked in the kitchen to find this:
James had emptied the entire syrup bottle onto his plate and was then eating it.
Finally 3-7-10 We were walking over to the neighbors to get some eggs. It was a really warm day so they had their chickens out. James saw a black one with bright red on it, pointed and said, "I found a snipe!"
When we were walking home he found a puddle to throw rocks in. It was so warm out that I decided to let him for a little while. It started out like this:

And ended up like this:

His clothes all came clean, except for his socks, but his shoes are still soaking wet! We have had a fun couple of months with this "almost three-year-old" As my sister-in-law said "Two-year-olds are exhausting!" So true.

3 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

It's so funny to read those stories when it isn't your own kid! What did you do when you found him in the kitchen all covered in flour? (Is that what it is?) It's times like that when I lose my cool sometimes. But I have to say, it's the good moms of the world that let their kids stomp in mud puddles up to their knees like that.

Jackie said...

I love reading about all of the funny things that little guy does!! What a cutie! I was very impressed by your calm reaction to the soup making. You're a great mom!

Judi said...

So I was thinking that you should sent that video in to AFV. They still do that don't they? You could put the winnings in a college fund or just put it in an account called James clean/repiar account.
So fun to finally see the pics from these great stories. What an adventurous boy.