Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The End of Birthday Season and Easter Fun

Doug's family came for their Spring Break last week. The Saturday that they got here was great weather, everyone that was outside got sunburned. Then the rest of the week had awful weather! Monday was my birthday and the end of birthday season. Too bad for James, he loves birthday season. Doug and the boys got me a dehydrator, which I love and already made two batches of beef jerky, and a gift card to my favorite craft store Porters, I am also very excited about that.
We had a fun week with Doug's family despite the weather. James loved going to the bouncy castles with his uncles, and Michael loved all the attention that he got from everyone, except he started this annoying habit of crying every time Mom came in sight. Oh well, it's nice to be loved.
Sunday was Easter. The Easter Bunny came and hid a bunch of candy for James. He didn't really understand that he should look around the room for candy, so eventually I just moved it all to the floor in plain sight and he picked it up and put it in his basket.




The Easter Bunny also brought a toy for me and Doug. Ok, it was actually for James, but I think he brought it because he knew how tired me and Doug were of constantly blowing bubbles!
One thing I want to know is why they put a handle on the bubble blower? Do we really want to encourage the kids to carry it around? One weird thing was that whenever we turned it on the reception on the TV went out. So we were excited when it ran out of bubbles and we could just watch conference on the TV without interruption.


No comments: