Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Favorite Parenting Moment So Far

I can probably count on my two hands the number of times James has interacted with Michael. He has NEVER been the instigator of these interactions, until yesterday. That is why this is my favorite moment as a parent in the 3 years that I have been a parent.
Michael had crawled into the laundry room, which I was aware of, and I was somewhere else in the house. James came and got me, pulled me into the laundry room and stood expectantly by Michael. When I didn't do anything he grabbed my hand and put it on Michael, then I knew I was supposed to pick him up. So I did thinking James made a new rule that Michael was not allowed to play in the laundry room. We then followed James to the couch where he sat down and held out his arms to hold Michael! Woa, I never expected that. So I put Michael on his lap and this is what happened:


To explain, James is saying "My Feed Michael" I think that is because whenever I am feeding Michael and he tries to come and get me I tell him no because "I'm feeding Michael" also if you listen VERY carefully you can hear James tell Michael "don't put it in your mouth" when he pulls his thumb out. Some days are just really good days to be a parent.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

So Sweet! They may not interact a ton now, but I bet as Michael gets older, they start to play with each other more and more!

Judi said...

Natalie, that was a very awesome moment. We had to watch it twice and it was past dad's bed time.

Jackie said...

"Those guys are stinking cute" says Scott. "That is adorable" says grandpa. We loved that. We will have to watch it over and over!!