Thursday, May 10, 2012

Catching Up

It seems like lately I do a blog post, then time passes, and passes, and passes.  I think to myself a lot "oh, I better blog about that I don't want to forget it."  Then I realize, Wow!  It's already been 3 weeks, I haven't blogged about any of that stuff and we have more big stuff coming up!  So I decide it is time to blog about all these little things I don't want to forget, but one long blog post is not the ideal situation.  But what can we do?  So here is what we have been doing this past three or so weeks.

JAMES

James is pretty awesome.  What can I say.  We love having him in our family.  James made up a song for our family it goes like this; "James is a Cutie!  Michael is a cutie!  Billy is a little!  Dad is in Charge! Mom is a speedy!"  I don't really know why I am a speedy.  Doesn't even make sense but what can you do.
For his birthday he used the money he got from his Great Granny and Grandpa to buy a swimming pool.  He was so, so, so excited about it all day.  I told him we could go to the store when Dad got home from work, and there was no way I was getting out of that deal!  So he has been swimming almost every day.  And he is sure imaginative.  One time he pulled the lid to his sandbox into the pool and made a boat.
James in his boat
He likes to have Doug spin him around in it.  He loves to have Doug get in the pool with him almost all the time.

James has also been much more talkative lately.  Sometimes he just talks and talks and talks.  It is a lot of fun.  The other day at church was fast and testimony meeting.  Doug noticed a few of the kids from their primary class on the stand waiting to share their testimonies.  So he pointed it out to James.  Probably 5 or 10 minutes later James announced to Doug "My turn" and left to go take his turn.  We really weren't sure what to expect.  He went and waited behind the person at the pulpit (instead of waiting behind the 20 people in the chairs) then he got up to have his turn.  He said very clearly in to the microphone, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today.  (Mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble) In the name of Jesus Christ Amen!"  Then he turned to leave.  But he noticed the Bishop holding his hand out (I am not sure if it was for a high-5 or just a hand shake) so James gave him a very enthusiastic High-5.  I think the entire congregation heard it.  Then he marched happily back to us.  As soon as he got back in the pew he stated (again very loudly)  "I said a prayer!"
Later after church we were waiting for Dad to find some parents to drop kids off with and James said "Come on M. O. M."
Today James and I were putting together gifts for teacher appreciation week.  I wrote out "Thank You. James" on a card for him to copy.  He did an amazing job.  Then I asked him to draw a picture of himself on the back.  This is what he came up with:
A picture of James.  He started out basically, head, feet, arms
hands, fingers.  Then I told him to draw a face.  So he drew eyes
and decided it needed eyelashes and eyebrows.  Then he studied
it for a while and I suggested a nose.  He thought about it for a
minute and then drew "a circle and another circle" I realized he was
drawing nostrils.  I laughed a little.  Then he put a dot in one
and said "a booger"  the the other nostril got a booger too! 

MICHAEL

Michael gets bigger every day.  He even has a song he sings "Everyday I'm getting bigger...everyday I'm running faster... Everyday I'm climbing higher....Everyday I'm jumping farther."  And it is true he is growing up.  And he has become the informer of everyone else's activities.  At the store I often hear him say in a tired worn out voice, as if he just can't bear asking one more time "Come on James."  And I think "man I must be a broken record."  Potty training is very unsuccessful.  He now thinks it counts as "pooping in the toilet" if he takes his poop from his underwear and puts it in the toilet. 
He loves playing with Billy.  Mostly because he is the boss when they "play"  but Billy doesn't mind, he loves the attention.  His favorite game to play with Billy is to do "flips" off the couch while Billy watches and laughs hysterically.  
Mikey trying to keep Billy out of his room
 Michael's favorite movie is Sandlot.  It cracks me up when he pretends to be characters from the movie.  This is Michael being Squints.  He is saying "Listen to me Smalls. This is a matter of life and death.  Where did your old man get that ball?"

One day Michael decided that this would make a fun bed.  So I had to go get him his penguin pillow and blanket. 
Michael in the planter box
Look at my cute face!
One day we went to Walmart to get the boys hats for the summer.  Not a great selection, but there really aren't that many options here.  So Michael choose this Angry Birds hat.  And of course he choose the green pig one for James!



BILLY

Billy is still the happiest, calmest baby every.  He just loves life.  His favorite person has to be his Dad. And his favorite place in the world would be on his Dad's shoulders.  We went for a walk one night a few months ago.  The plan was to have James or Michael walk and put Billy in the bike trailer.  But neither of the bigger boys would get out, so Dad threw Billy up on his shoulders.  He LOVED it!  It was so great.  So a day or two later Doug was home for lunch.  He was laying on the floor while we were talking and Billy wiggled himself over and positioned himself on Doug's shoulders.  Umm, can you take a hint Dad!


Billy is also into EVERYTHING.  He is probably the messiest person in our house right now.  He crawls over to something and pulls it out if he can reach, and if not he pulls himself up so he can reach. Doug was getting very frustrated every night because the play food was always out all over the floor.  And his guess was that the kids weren't even playing with it, just dumping it out.  Then I realized, it wasn't the bigger boys, it was Billy.  It is his favorite thing to dump out!  
Billy's favorite place to sit is right by the back door.  If the big boys are outside he likes to watch them playing.  And lately he likes to go there to catch moths.  They fly around on the window and he likes to try his hardest to catch them.  He did actually get one once,  and immediately put it in his mouth.  That is when I stepped in a put all the moths outside.  He was pretty mad at me.

 DAD

Doug has been having fun playing with his boys.  He loves his boys.  Michael loves to tackle Dad, and as soon as Doug walks in the door he is pushing him down.  Billy loves Dad more than anything and as soon as he hears his voice Billy is whipping his head around trying to find him.  And James...well I think he says it all when he says "Dad is in charge!" 

Doug watching a movie with his guys
The boys have been obsessed with these plastic balloons lately.  Doug claims to never have done them as a kid, I couldn't believe it so we got some at the dollar store.  Doug is the best at it.  And the boys are the best at popping them.

 Doug LOVES working in his garage and having things to build.  So he used the rest of the wood from the toy shelf to build treasure chests for the boys.  They were supposed to be for their birthday's but because of our unplanned trip to Utah he didn't have them done in time for James' birthday so decided to give them to them halfway between their birthday's.
Inside the treasure chest, Doug put their best treasure in the
bottom, a picture of Jesus and a picture of their family.  Then
he made some gold and jewels and a treasure map, and we
covered it with resin so it would be smooth and hard.

James' treasure chest

Michael's treasure chest

MOM

And me...well I have just been having fun being a Mom.  I love that I don't miss anything cute that these little guys do.  Except for what Ms. Ginger tells me about James.  Like the fact that he pooped in the toilet at school, with NO prompting, and then proudly displayed it to her.  
I also LOVE my calling in the primary, and James is singing again!  I love to hear him sing the primary songs I am teaching.  Plus I feel like a bit of a celebrity in the ward.  To the kids at least.  One day we were walking in the building and the little boy in front of us whispered to his mom "That's Sister Allen" pointing to me.
I have also been trying to come up with unique cute ways to decorate our house.  That is my new hobby.  This sign/picture frame has been in the works for months but proved to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be.  I had it all done and ready then I thought "oh lets try the word Small in red. So I did it, but rubbing it on made a shinny spot.  So I thought I could just leave it or I could try to fix it.    Well that made it worse.  I ended up having to take all the letters off, sanding it down and repainting it and basically starting over.   Oh well, it is done now, except for I have to replace the pictures on the side.  I love having it hanging over my bed, reminding me how important my work is.  

Also today James and I made gifts for his teachers.  

Ms. Ginger's flowers.  She said this was her
very favorite kind of flowers.  It's mine too.

Magnets we made.  James drew some of them, some of them we
used scrapbook paper.
 So now I am all caught up!  Just in time for Billy to turn 10 months, Mother's Day, James' Preschool graduation, Michael's birthday, a trip to Colorado then a trip to Florida.  I don't think I will every actually be caught up!

No comments: