He did it. He finished preschool. We have LOVED having James at this school for the past year and a half. He has made incredible progress and it has been amazing to watch. We love his teachers and basically everything about his school. I am really going to miss having him go there, and am already having nightmares about Kindergarten.
It is fun to hear James' teacher talk about James. We can tell she really loves him and cares about what happens in his future. We have felt truly blessed having him in her class.
Here are a few of the priceless things she has taught James
- His name, first and last
- His age (although he did fight us a little when he turned 5)
- The difference between boys and girls (not the real difference, but he can now correctly identify girls and boys)
- Letter sounds
- How to count
- Numbers 0-20
| James walking to his seat with his class |
Here is James getting his diploma. Although I think I need to be fired as the official video taker for the family. I stopped it too soon to try to get a picture, then I didn't even get a good picture.
After the class was done they had then stand together for a class picture before they went back to their seats.
| James waiting for them to finish, I love his face. |
| Now he sees me. Much happier face. |
During the end of the last song Michael kind of stole the show. He started singing with the kids and all the parents smiled at cute Michael.
After the program they called the kids up one by one to give them their real certificates and have a picture with their teachers.
I am really sad to have James be moving on. We have loved being at this school and we will miss his teachers and all those who worked with him.
4 comments:
Congratulations James! It sounds like this school was so great for him. What happens now? Will he go into a regular kindergarten class? I'm kind of sad that Lexi won't ever go to Kindergarten. It's such a fun experience. I'm sure that James will do great!
He is going to have a regular Kindergarten class. He will be pulled out about 50% of the time. They will work on getting him in the regular classroom more and more as the year goes on.
So awesome!
Congratulations James!! What a great graduation! It's amazing to see how much he has learned and progressed at that school. Too bad Miss Ginger and Miss Pam can't just move up with him.
Post a Comment