Yesterday my cute little Mikey, I mean Michael, turned three! He is such a fun little guy, we really love him. Some things about Michael right now:
- Favorite food: Pizza
- Favorite movie: Sandlot
- Favorite cartoon: Go Diego Go!
- Favorite color: Yellow
- Best friend: James
- Favorite book: Barney Sharing is Caring (it really is a dumb as it sounds)
- Favorite toy: A ball (any ball)
- He loves to talk and talk and talk and talk
- He loves to make up songs, and when he isn't talking or asleep he is singing
We had a really fun day yesterday for his birthday, and even though we kept it low-key we all really enjoyed it. First thing in the morning after he woke up he choose french toast for breakfast. Then we got his presents out (we didn't dare put them out the night before because we were afraid they would open them without us). He picked one to open and it was the biggest one from Grammy and Grandad. And what was inside.....
A Trampoline!
 |
| Dad and Billy putting together the trampoline |
This was a pretty big hit with all three boys. They did a lot of jumping yesterday. He also opened the littlest present which was this really cute Despicable Me shirt. He loved it and wanted it on right away.
 |
| MIkey jumping wearing his Despicable Me shirt. |
After opening a few presents they boys decided to go ride bikes. So Dad headed out with the boys. They ended up at a big dirt hill near our house. After a while I got a call from Doug who just said to come pick them up right now. I was a little nervous because it really isn't that far so even if James was having a complete meltdown he should be able to get them home. When I got there I took one look at Mikey and thought for sure we were headed to the hospital, he was COVERED in blood. I had no idea where he was even hurt. Doug put him and James in the car and went back to get the bikes while I took the boys home. When I got home James was crying so I asked James why he was crying and he said "Mikey turned red." When I got Mikey out of the car I finally saw where he had been hurt, the back of his head was completely covered in blood. His hair, and shirt were just red. I got him in the bathroom and started just dumping water on him to try and wash it all off so I could see where he was cut. When I finally got it all cleaned off this is what I found:

I could not believe this tiny little cut could bleed so much! So no trip to the hospital for us. We were really wishing we had got a picture before we washed him all up, because it is so hard to believe how bad it looked.
After we got him calmed down we asked if he wanted to open another present. Of course this cheered him up right away. He opened his life jacket from Grandma and Grandpa, and wore it for a long time!
Then it was time to take James to school. After we dropped James off we asked if Mikey wanted to go to Pizza Hut for lunch. It is his favorite place to eat. He said "How about tomorrow so James can come." So cute! After lunch we headed back to the school for graduation (more on that later). Not sure Mikey really cared too much, but I think he had a good time.
After school we went home and Mikey had a short nap, then opened the rest of his presents. He also got a baseball glove and a automatic pitcher. It was so cute watching the two boys trying to play catch. Not sure they really get it yet.
We had Hot Dogs for dinner then the biggest part of the day: cake. I don't think I have ever seen anyone so excited for a cake. He has been talking about his cake for months. We finally decided on an airplane, but I am not sure it measured up to his expectations. Oh well, maybe next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment