Thursday, October 25, 2007

Busy Baby!


James is 6 months old! It really doesn't seem like it has been that long. James has grown so much in the past 6 months and is so busy. He went to the doctors yesterday. He weighs 16 pounds 3 ounces. And I don't remember how "tall" he was. (Doug things calling a baby "long" is weird) He is still in the 25th percentile for his weight but he jumped up to the 75th percentile for his height. Hopefully he takes after his dad and will have some height. James loves to play in his Johnny Jump Up, but we don't have a good door for it and hates when he isn't part of the group. We gave him some peas last week. At first he didn't really know what to think. But after a few bites he was really going after them. After the jar was gone he sat in his highchair for 20 minutes and sucked on his bib. We usually let him clean himself up and he does a pretty good job. I guess he hates to waste food.

We got him a new coat for the winter and it is huge on him! We wanted it to last him through the winter so we bought it really big. He looks so cute in it. He also loves to play in his dump truck (thanks Tim) and as you can probably imagine Doug loves to drive him around in it. Loa loves to get in on the action too. And James would laugh so hard when she came nearby. He really loves his Dog. He always gets a big smile on his face when she comes around.




It surprises me how much James learns from us. When he wakes up from a nap I take him to look at "the baby" in the mirror. He usually smiles and tries to grab the baby. Sometimes he tries to hide from the baby. Usually we play "bonk" with the baby and I lean James toward the mirror so he can bonk foreheads with the baby. I didn't realize that James knew what we were doing until today. We were looking at the baby in the mirror when suddenly James pushed himself forward to "bonk" the baby in the mirror. I think he was a little surprised that he hit so hard and I was pretty surprised myself, but that didn't stop him from playing his favorite game with the baby.

No comments: