Monday, April 14, 2008

James the Non-Walker

That's right, James refuses to walk. He does really well holding onto our fingers and walking but refuses to do it on his own. I have caught him a couple of times walking short distances on his own but if Doug or I are available then he is all about the finger walking. If we try to make him walk on his own his immediately sits down. James has been talking a lot more this week and he growls all the time. I think he learned the growling from Myra. I keep trying to get him growling on a video but once he sees the camera he stops. We were all sitting on the couches the other night, (Blake has been visiting) and James started "clapping". Doug told him it is the worst clapping he has ever seen but it is still pretty cute.



Since the weather has been getting warmer we have been looking everywhere for a park with swings. We finally found one next to the Dog park. The problem was they only have 2 swings so we had to wait a long time for the baby swing to be free but we finally got it. James loved it. I think he likes going down the slides more but his face was pretty happy during this.

James has also been eating a lot of new things. However they are not really what I want him to be eating. We were having chocolate chip cookies the other night and James just had to have some. He had a pretty messy face after. Also we had a fun barbecue the other night. For dessert we had S'mores. They were pretty good but I dropped a marshmallow on the ground. I thought Loa got it but when we went inside James was sitting in the living room with his back to us. I went over and saw that he had actually gotten the marshmallow and was eating it is fast as he could without Loa or Mom taking it away. It was pretty cute.

No comments: