A little background to this next part of the story. We have often gone in the 1/2 bathroom on the main level and smelled a very odd smell. We tried very hard to figure out what it was thinking maybe it was smoke from the neighbors whose garage is on the other side of the wall, or something coming out of the vent. It didn't smell like smoke really, I had even thought maybe there was a dead mouse or something in wall. But we never could exactly figure it out. Once we got home James got a cute hair cut. (I will put pictures on another blog.) I told Doug to just put he hair on the floor because I was going to vacuum. So after his hair cut and a bath Doug was feeding James some applesauce and I decided to vacuum upstairs. Usually I use an outlet in James' room but I thought it would be a lot easier if I plugged it in the bathroom so I could reach all the rooms without switching. I was almost done with James' room when I heard shouting from downstairs and Doug ran up and unplugged the vacuum. We went downstairs and the 1/2 bathroom was filled with smoke with more smoke pouring out of the outlet. Luckily Doug was downstairs and started to smell that mysterious smell and was able to turn it of before it caught on fire. It was pretty scary to think that we have lived here a year and a half and never knew about this problem. So Doug took off the outlet cover and the outlet and the wire connecting to it were completely burned. Luckily I live with a handy man and we were able to immediately go to Lowe's and get a replacement. We talked about replacing all the outlets and light switches when we moved it but never did it, so now we are really going to check and replace them all. 

We have had a great Mother's Day! James had a new nickname, Monkey Doodle, and we have gotten lots of comments on how busy his is at church. His new favorite game is to climb the stairs like a big boy. No more crawling up the stairs for him, we have to walk. So his new favorite game is having Mom help him climb the stairs and when we go up Mom says "Up" and when we go down James says, "Dow" it is pretty cute. He also loves to give leg hugs. He always walks up to us and wraps his arms around our legs. It is so cute. We just love having James around. He is such a fun kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment