Monday, April 6, 2009

34 Weeks Pregnant

I was going to do an entire blog post without mentioning James, but then he had to go do something so cute tonight that it is impossible. We are finally getting our bed time routine down, we change his diaper, put on his PJs (which takes a lot longer then you would think) then go to our room for family prayer, and he actually runs excitedly to his bed after we have prayer. Tonight I mentioned the word prayer and he ran screaming (excited) into our room and got ready. Usually either Doug or I say it but tonight after Doug asked me to pray James started right in. He started "Heavenly Father" then a bunch of mumbled sentences, I think I heard him say "Jesus" before he excitedly said, "Men" and ran off to bed. And because I am his mother I think it was the cutest prayer I have ever heard.

And now finally the much requested belly shot...




It has been really frustrating lately when people ask when I am due it is usually followed by, "Wow, you're not very big!" Which is nice, but really I feel "that" big. What you can't see in the picture is my belly button. Instead of popping out like most pregnant women, I have a flat some what indented area. This is because of the surgery I had last summer. I think this makes my belly look much smaller. I find it hard to remember how it was when I was pregnant with James so I thought I would write a few things about this baby.
  • He moves like crazy, I think I could feel him moving at anytime during the day, and not just little movements, hard, painful kicks
  • He loves the sound of his dad's voice
  • He hates when James is screaming
  • He likes when I lay on my side
  • He likes cheese, but I always have to take a tums after I eat it
  • I haven't been able to talk for two weeks, my best guess is because I can't get enough air in my lungs, but I will find out on Thursday at the Doctors
  • He is very heavy, I love to take baths because this is the only time where I don't feel his full weight pulling on my back
  • I am much more hungry than I was with James, if I don't eat right before bed I usually wake up in the middle of the night needing to eat

3 comments:

Judi said...

yea, finally a picture of your cute little tummy:) I love it. I want to wake your dad to show him but it is nearly midnight and he would be grumpy so i will tell him to look tomorrow. You look cute. get yourself in more pictures.

Amber and The Boys said...

So fun to get to see you pregnant. You look really cute. I think every woman feels huge when she is the one pregnant but then thinks others look cute. I like all the details of the pregnancy too.

Jackie said...

You look so cute! It's always fun to have a picture to show your kids how you looked when they were on the way.